A preloader in the shape of a lightning bolt
Forum > Miscellaneous > Topic
5% royalty
|
12/13/2012
|
Comments (5)
Miscellaneous
I think that if you submit an idea and win that phase, but loose the pitch phase. And then someone else wins the contest based off of your idea, you should get a much bigger piece of the pie. After all, without the idea, there is no commercial. Anyone else agree?
Comments (5)
Tina Radel
Tina Radel
12/13/2012
YES! More pie please!
Arne Barnard
Arne Barnard
12/23/2012
Do you mean 5% of the award for the finished video based on your idea?
I was wondering, does that 5% come from the winners video or does Tongal pay that themselves? In other words, if I won 70,000 in a video contest, does Tongal send me a check for 66,500 or do I keep my entire award ?
Scott Killinger
Scott Killinger Tongal
12/27/2012
Arne, as stated in the Details section of each Project brief the 5% residual does come out of the Video winner's prize if it is based on another community member's Idea.
Page Sizes: 
James DeJulio
James DeJulio Tongal
01/02/2013
We've thought a lot about this and think that 5% is fair and created a nice balance between filmmaker and Idea-man (or woman). I think that we should get more $ in the Idea phase itself and bigger prize pools total. For example, if you won the big residual prize in the I can't believe it's not
James DeJulio
James DeJulio Tongal
01/02/2013
..butter project, the residual was $1,250, plus the $500, that's $1,750, not bad for 140 characters. So, bigger prize pools will drive bigger residuals. I think we've done a good job at that. Now we need to make sure we have $500+ for each Idea. Thoughts?
Page Sizes: