A preloader in the shape of a lightning bolt
Forum > Miscellaneous > Topic
What Does It Take
|
10/10/2012
|
Comments (1)
Miscellaneous
As anyone professional can admit, shooting a commercial can be an arduous task. From the writing, casting, shooting, editing and sometimes compositing and/or vfx as well as scoring aspects, the whole process can take quite a few weeks to put together. My goal is to get noticed on Tongal but not from the aspect of shooting a wildcard submission. If you have a good idea and a good pitch, why do you have to have prior stuff on Tongal to be noticed? When submitting pitches I submit links to works I have used on other competition based sites, work that I have actually won first place cash prizes with. Is that my issue? Because the links lead to other competition based sites? Because it definitely feels like it takes more than an idea or a pitch. I feel like once you're in the in crowd, you're good to go. All the winners seem to be the same people over and over again. Seriously, what does it take to really get in the running here at Tongal?
Comments (1)
Caleb Light-Wills
Caleb Light-Wills Tongal
10/11/2012
Hi Breht, I don't know if you had a chance to read my blog post from a while back ( http://tongal.com/blog/news/how-to-create-a-winning-pitch/ ), but there are a lot of factors taken into consideration. Give it a read and let me know if you still have questions.
Page Sizes: