Hello, I am new to tongal. I would like to know should one submit a video during pitch phase. If not, what could I submit like a description, story board...
Thanks
Comments
(15)
Caleb Light-Wills
Tongal
06/22/2012
You do not have to submit a video during the Pitch Phase. Using text (500 characters or less), images (storyboards), video, and external links (to other supporting assets, i.e., your reel, etc.), give us your Pitch for how YOU would go about producing a Video based on the Project Objective.
Gokul Salvadi
06/23/2012
Thanks. That helps!
Deleted User
07/31/2012
Hi, I'm new too. If you are pitching to a story line on a project without a wildcard do you also have to be able to create the resulting video - or can you just pitch and hope someone takes up your pitch idea and creates the video, if it is selected?
Caleb Light-Wills
Tongal
07/31/2012
If you are submitting a story, no, but if you are submitting a pitch, yes, you must be able to create the resulting video
Deleted User
07/31/2012
@Caleb Light-Wills Thanks for the quick reply!!! I'll have to wait for another opportunity for stories for Secret (if there come any). My pitch would need actors - and I'm purely CG. Thanks again!
Page Sizes:
Somethings Awry Productions
08/03/2012
Hi- we are new too. We just submitted a pitch for Matchbox with links to previous stop motion videos we have done but our pitch was really the storyline, should it be more like how we would make the video?
Caleb Light-Wills
Tongal
08/05/2012
You can really go either way. If the storyline is compelling and your past work is strong, you've got a good shot.
Somethings Awry Productions
08/05/2012
@Caleb Light-Wills Ok- thanks! Do the judges look at all the links we attach? I attached a show reel which shows general stop motion skills but the other two links show our storytelling skills so I hope they watch them all!
Caleb Light-Wills
Tongal
08/05/2012
@Kris Theorin it's a good idea to include more than one link, emphasizing different strengths as you've done.
Somethings Awry Productions
08/05/2012
@Caleb Light-Wills Great! Thanks so much!
Page Sizes:
Ollie Lansdell
08/05/2012
Hey, I've been with tongal for a while but not really been submitting, because i'm worried that me videos wont me of good enough quality to pitch. Is there ever an contests that you can just submit the video in a video phase with no pitch phase so that I can just submit it even though it's bad?
Caleb Light-Wills
Tongal
08/05/2012
you can either seek projects without pitch phases (like Vibram) or you can submit to projects with wildcard video spots (like viggle). To find out if a project has a wildcard component, simply look for the "card" icon on the project details page.