A preloader in the shape of a lightning bolt
Forum > Miscellaneous > Topic
Point Calculation for Non-Ranked Contests
|
02/04/2012
|
Comments (13)
Miscellaneous
Hi, I've read the blog about the point system, so I understand how they're calculated. But what is the point formula for rounds where the winners aren't ranked (such as the McBites idea round, or the Pringles Pitch round)?
Comments (13)
Eugene Retunsky
Eugene Retunsky
02/05/2012
In this case points are divided equally amongst all winners.
Team Spaceman
Team Spaceman
02/05/2012
I see, so in Pringles Pitch, there were 1952 tot. points for 16 winners, so everyone got 122. I do see the logic to that. Constructive criticism, though: By nature of the formula, where you multiply points by $ amount (so it's heavily top weighted), I think it puts a disadvantage to unranked rounds.
Team Spaceman
Team Spaceman
02/05/2012
[CONT] Because if Pringles Pitch had been ranked, 1st place would get 640 points, and 11th-16th would each get 8. 122 points, the amount everyone got, is a lot closer to 8 than it is to 640. Seems something closer to middle (like 324 in this case) would be fair for unranked contests.
Team Spaceman
Team Spaceman
02/05/2012
(A biased opinion, of course)
Tracy Bayle
Tracy Bayle
02/09/2012
so, for the colgate pitch we don't necessarily have to go with the two scenarios provided..we are allowed to pitch an entirely different scenario, correct
Caleb Light-Wills
Caleb Light-Wills Tongal
02/09/2012
That is correct.
Page Sizes: 
Page 1/2
Page Sizes: 
5
 
10