A preloader in the shape of a lightning bolt
144 characters for idea not enough
|
01/05/2017
|
Comments (3)
Project Related
I've been away from Tongal for a while and I wanted to address something I thought had been updated a while back; the 144 character limit for ideas. Why is this still the length used? IMHO 144 character is only enough for a very short log line, not really the expression of an idea. An expansion to 300 characters would give idea creators the ability to express a full idea, opposed to a "Tweet" of an idea.
Comments (3)
Kyle Elliott
Kyle Elliott
01/07/2017
A lot of the projects they've had over the last year and a half have had 250-500+ character limits. When it's a popular brand (Like Star Wars) they're more likely to make it a 140 character project due to the massive amount of submissions they're going to receiving. The Pitch Phase is all about building on the initial concepts, writing scripts, and all that fun stuff. If the President-Elect of the United States has taught us anything, it's that 140 characters are plenty enough to work with... I'm all for higher character limits, but I'm just letting you know we've definitely had a big increase in the amount of projects with higher limits over the last year!
Kyle Elliott
Kyle Elliott
01/08/2017
I just noticed 6 of my 8 wins in 2016 were on projects with limits higher than 140 characters. I'd be totally fine with them expanding the character limit on every project!
Page Sizes: 
Nanjappan Erode
Nanjappan Erode
01/26/2017
Initially, I also thought 140 characters won't be enough. But after submitting several hundred ideas, I now firmly believe 140 is enough. Granted, you will have to edit your idea few times but you can certainly capture the essence of any idea in 140. In fact, some of my ideas even go well below the 140 mark.
Page Sizes: