A preloader in the shape of a lightning bolt
Pitch Video/ Previous Work
|
01/26/2016
|
Comments (4)
Project Related
Should I submit a pitch "video" with my pitch? Also...I don't have a lot of previous video work. Should I go shoot some wildcard videos just so I will have some more previous work to have a better chance in the pitch phase? Thanks!
Comments (4)
Kyle Elliott
Kyle Elliott
01/28/2016
While it might not say it's required on every project, the vast majority of people who are selected by the brands submit a pitch video explaining exactly what they plan on doing if they're selected to work on the project. Previous work is also semi important, so they know you're capable of creating something to the level they're expecting. If you're new here, check out some profiles from the Production Leaderboard and see the quality of work they've been producing for Tongal for years now. Most of the projects also have the option to see the Pitch Video/Treatments they submitted that convinced the brand to select them over the other production companies. I think this is one of the most effective Pitch Videos I've seen on Tongal. It really explains everything he plans on doing, type of animation, frame rate, while also proving he know a lot about their series and existing characters. It also gets into his previous work to show he's capable of taking on this challenge and doing it the right way. He definitely went all out on this pitch video, and it isn't mandatory, but you can see why they chose his pitch! https://tongal.com/project/LEGONinjagoWarriorVideoProject/submissions/pitch
Kyle Elliott
Kyle Elliott
01/28/2016
Also, when submitting previous work, the brands want to see the actual spots that you've filmed and submitted, not a demo reel. They want the whole 30-60 second commercials and not just a compilation of the visually appealing things you've shot over your career. The majority of successful players on here have production companies and a team of people they work with, shoot on RED or at least something 4K (Though some still use DSLRs, but the brands seem to prefer 4K lately and sometimes request it in the brief), and have a lot of prior work to back up their pitches. I've only submitted a few pitches since I know I don't have access to as many resources as the competition, but have success doing video contests on other websites all the time. Sometimes you just need to find the right outlet looking for the content you can provide. On Tongal, Wildcard videos are definitely a great place to start, since a lot of the successful people on here began by winning with a Wildcard spot. Definitely check out the videos people have been winning with lately, since these are the people you're competing against. I hope that was somewhat helpful, and good luck! :)
Page Sizes: 
Emmanuel Albano
Emmanuel Albano
03/11/2016
Hello, why the winning videos from Nokia contest are not available to watch?
Kyle Elliott
Kyle Elliott
03/12/2016
Some projects make you sign confidentiality agreements beforehand so people only hear about/see the winning videos when the sponsor decides to release them to the public.
Page Sizes: 
Page Sizes: