A preloader in the shape of a lightning bolt
Forum > General > Topic
Women in Film - Tongal Question of the Week
|
03/06/2018
|
Comments (7)
General
In honor of Women's History Month, let’s celebrate all the visionary, trail-blazing, and entertaining women in film who've come between Alice Guy-Blaché (the first female film director ever - Google her!) and Greta Gerwig (only the 5th female director to have ever been nominated for an Oscar). Which ONE female-helmed or female-centric film do you think everyone ought to see?
Comments (7)
Marissa Nystrom
Marissa Nystrom
03/07/2018

It is truly hard to just pick one film, but I'm gonna go with The Piano (dir. Jane Campion). And if I get a bonus pick for a cast that's lady-leaning, my fave is Clueless (the heart wants what the heart wants - and actually, this one is also directed by a woman, so......yay!)

Ingrid Vining
Ingrid Vining
03/07/2018

Clueless is my all-time fave. SO GOOD. 

Page Sizes: 
Maddie Mindling
Maddie Mindling
03/07/2018

I like a good female-led comedy ensemble like Bridesmaids. In terms of favorite female directors, I'd have to pick Julie Taymor - she's done it all! 

Nolan Schneiderman
Nolan Schneiderman
03/07/2018

The Hurt Locker is my second favorite war film ever. Go KB! 

David Kilgo
David Kilgo
03/13/2018
Penny Marshall directed Big: one of my favorite movies.
Marissa Nystrom
Marissa Nystrom
03/13/2018

I finally watched that movie for the first time a couple weeks ago, and I have to say, as an adult, the plot is super messed up! I mean, his poor mom thinks he's been kidnapped!

David Kilgo
David Kilgo
03/13/2018
I saw it when I was a kid, so rosy-retrospect is definitely in play. Looking back, you’re absolutely right. That was pretty messed up.
Page Sizes: 
Page Sizes: