A preloader in the shape of a lightning bolt
Forum > General > Topic
A Flash of Inspiration - Tongal Question of the Week
|
08/08/2017
|
Comments (2)
General
Inspiration can strike you at any moment. Where have you been unexpectedly inspired, or where do you go intentionally to find inspiration and get your creative juices flowing, whether it's a physical space or website?
Comments (2)
Neil Brimelow
Neil Brimelow
08/08/2017
I've always been a fan of non-fiction, more than fiction, as I've always found truth to be stranger, and more interesting most of the time. So, I generally just do a lot of research, and study history, as there are some really incredible stories from the past that can be re-worked into contemporary settings. For artistic inspiration I love aggregator sites, like "Pinterest," and "Colossal" and "Deviantart," as you can generally find something really fantastic and different on those sites.
Ingrid Vining
Ingrid Vining
08/08/2017

I tend to seek out books for inspiration. I recently read "Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear" by Elizabeth Gilbert and it was fantastic. She really dives into the stuff that blocks our creativity and how to bust past it. 

Page Sizes: