A preloader in the shape of a lightning bolt
Forum > General > Topic
Foreign residents Tongalers?
|
10/03/2016
|
Comments (2)
General
I have just landed and register in Tongal. My main question is if we, non US residents, can participate in Tongal projects. For concepts and pitching there is no technical problems, but for making the video...? For example, now a GMC project is opened. What if I get the chance to make the video? In Europe we won't have the model to shoot it.
Thanks,
Victoriano
Comments (2)
Van Voorhis Productions
Van Voorhis Productions
10/05/2016
From what I've seen, it depends on the project. Some companies are fine with non-US residents making their commercial, and some require that it be US citizens, or filmed in the US for paperwork reasons. I'd assumed if you won't have access to the GMC model for this project then you'll probably have to pass on this project, unless in your pitch you say that you'll come to America to shoot it and they SUPPER love your pitch... but then thats using some of the pitch budget on your flight instead of on the production so I dont know if they'd want that. In conclusion, it varies but to be sure, ask on that projects page and the tongal staffer will answer specifically for that project.
Nolan Schneiderman
Nolan Schneiderman
10/05/2016
Hi Victoriano - Van Voorhis is on the right track. Be sure to read the each project Brief carefully. The GMC project you're speaking of specifically states the video must be shot in the continental US. That being the case, you should factor travel into your budget before deciding whether or not to pitch on a particular project. Hope that helps! - Nolan
Page Sizes: