A preloader in the shape of a lightning bolt
Forum > General > Topic
I MIss Wildcards
|
10/02/2015
|
Comments (3)
General
Just curious as to what happened to wildcard videos? Most projects anymore are open only to pitch winners. Some of the top producers broke out of the pack by winning wildcards, and when interviewed even recommended it as their best advice for newcomers. I was fortunate enough to win one for Pantene, and I miss the excitement of throwing your hat in the ring even if you didn't win the pitch. By getting even more submissions at no added cost, it looks like the brand would benefit.
Comments (3)
Kyle Elliott
Kyle Elliott
10/03/2015
The Dallas Cowboys project has a wildcard open for the project, but it requires knowing a Cowboys fan (Or someone who owns a big hat that could pass off as a Cowboys fan) A lot of the projects lately the Brand seems to know exactly what they want, and thus, they'll skip the Idea and Concept phases and are just looking for a production company to bring their idea to life. They've also been only picking 1 or 2 winning ideas lately on projects instead of having a variety for people to choose from. The Wildcards seemed like they were more of a hedge bet in case the winning production team completely blew it and delivered something mediocre, they'd still have 10 Wildcard videos that would have something cool to use for marketing instead. Now that so many people have made amazing commercials on the site, the brands know they're going to get exactly what they want every time and don't want to spend that extra couple grand on a safety net. I'm hoping to shoot something for the Dallas Cowboys project if I find time to make it work out, but I agree it'd be nice to see more Wildcards around so more people get a chance to show off what they can do!
Richard Chisum
Richard Chisum
10/13/2015
Good points, Kyle.
孟 庆栋
孟 庆栋
09/05/2017
看见恩菲你看到哪开发
Page Sizes: 
Page Sizes: