A preloader in the shape of a lightning bolt
Forum > General > Topic
Props to Tongal for OZO
|
07/28/2015
|
Comments (3)
General
I Just wanted to give a shout out to Tongal and the staff there for the Nokia OZO contest. I'm not sure how the whole process works on their end as far as setting up the contests go, but the OZO VR technology is awesome. I think its a huge product and something not just Tongalers but the whole world is excited for, so the fact that you either sold them on the idea of Tongal or they came to you either way is impressive and exciting. Im looking forward to seeing all the cool ideas people have for VR narratives.
Comments (3)
Kyle Elliott
Kyle Elliott
07/29/2015
I saw the OZO Announcement on Facebook where one of the tech blogs was talking about it, and then a few minutes later this project popped up. I'm intrigued to see how it compares to the other 360 technology they've got out there now. The VidCon video with Tobuscus shows you can actually shoot in real time and get decent results where viewers control where they want to look in real time. Then there's the 8K 360 Videos that the Dubai360 Youtube Page has been posting for a while now that are pretty incredible, and you can also move the camera around wherever you want as the world flies by. Kinda crazy. Now we'll need to make an even bigger theater than IMAX and get full 360 degrees of screen, spinning chairs, and the option for people to program their chairs automatically to move with the action. Watching a movie could quickly be turning into a 2 hour workout.
Darshan Gayake
Darshan Gayake
08/01/2015
It Seems you took it in a wrong direction....
1) You will need a device which supports head tracking or a Browser which has direction pad on top just like youtube offer to see 360 degree video stream while still you are on a 2D screen.
2) I don't see it will ever make to movie theater at least that 360 degree footage.

Surely movie will be entirely different more like a limited interaction game entirely made in real time 3D render may be programed in game engine....Thats future of VR movies. where you may have some controls over what will happen next.
Kyle Elliott
Kyle Elliott
08/01/2015
I'm pretty sure this camera was designed to shoot 360 degree videos for use with the Youtube 360 degree video function. We found a way to make a giant metal bird fly up in the sky and land thousands of miles away, I think we can handle building a screen around the inside of a circular room. We've had Planetariums for a while now, and IMAX has slowly grown from a "Science Exhibit" in major cities showcasing footage of Tornados and Whales to showing off the latest Batman movies. By "Wrong Direction" I think you mean "Not far enough towards interactive video gaming." Check out the ESPN article about how NFL Teams are using VR Cameras so players can review everything around them that'd happened during each play. They have the headset technology to view videos in 360 degrees already. Nokia says they're making the OZO for Hollywood, meaning they anticipate this 360 degree footage to be useable in movies. I think you're focusing too much on things for VR Gaming and not enough on how this technology could help Hollywood with their current level of projecting movies.
Page Sizes: 
Page Sizes: