A preloader in the shape of a lightning bolt
Forum > General > Topic
Winning Idea: Glory. Finals: Pat on back.
|
04/17/2015
|
Comments (5)
General
I'm an ideator. I've done well and I'm very grateful. I've made it to the finals more times than I can count. It's frustrating. Close, but no cigar. If an idea is good enough to get an e-mail notification, I think that it would be a nice gesture to give an award that would TRULY motivated people to enter again. Sorry Tongal, but the e-mail version of a pat on the back doesn't really cut it. The award doesn't have to be money initially, but possibly points that can be added to your season points. Who deserves an end of season check more, the guy who won 1 contest or the guy who made it to the finals 6 times? Thoughts? Fellow ideators, Tongal staff, talking dogs.
Comments (5)
Kyle Elliott
Kyle Elliott
04/19/2015
I'm up to 25 finalist emails now. Pretty sure if anything were to change it might just be the Overall Leaderboard points that get a bump if you're a finalist. You can turn off the email notification if it has become frustrating. I think I can repeat it in my sleep by now... :)
Kyle Elliott
Kyle Elliott
04/19/2015
But, that being said, it's a competitive site. Someone who has their idea selected alongside 3 other winners deserves to be higher on the leaderboard than someone who cracked the top 40 a few times. The fact that you're frustrated means you understand how difficult it can be to make it to the top!
Taylor Gardner
Taylor Gardner
04/24/2015
The NBA has the 6th man award.I think having an equivalent would be quite the incentive to keep submitting:top 5 people w/ the most FINALS appearances gets some award?That being said, frustrating was the wrong word choice. Tongal has been good to me.Rewarding, not just monetarily, is the right word.
Kyle Elliott
Kyle Elliott
04/25/2015
For every 10 finalist emails you get a coupon for some Ben & Jerry's icecream to drown your sorrows in. They can save me a trip to the food store and just send me some AmeriCone Dream directly! :)
Page Sizes: 
Geek Creatives
Geek Creatives
05/12/2015
I like your reward idea, Taylor. The finalist email actually motivates me to keep trying since I don't get them very often. I'm either hot or cold but not many almosts.
Page Sizes: