A preloader in the shape of a lightning bolt
Forum > General > Topic
Editing a Submittion
|
08/09/2013
|
Comments (6)
General
I wrote a pitch last week and submitted it as soon as possible- on the 5th.
I spent a few days working on story-boarding and decided to add the extra images to support my pitch. I edited my submission on the 9th and now it says submitted on the 9th instead of the 5th.

I know if there are 2 similar ideas submitted, the 1st one in gets the pick.
I'm a bit disappointed that I submitted my idea almost 5 days ago and that isn't being recognized.

Any thoughts?
Comments (6)
Ervin Anderson
Ervin Anderson
08/10/2013
The problem is that Tongal has no idea whether you've changed 1% of you pitch or 100% when you edited it. Tongal (Tongaleers?) people are constantly tinkering with ideas/pitches, so all Tongal can do is make note of when the final revision took place, and judge from there.
Justin Armstrong
Justin Armstrong
08/11/2013
I can understand that on the down-side people would certainly exploit the system if possible. It would be nice if you could lock in your idea but be able to change links or images with out completely re-submitting.
Justin Armstrong
Justin Armstrong
08/15/2013
@Alessandro Machi
Correct, it would need a bit of re-working.
What got to me was, I submitted my pitch the very first day. I saw the edit button, so I took a few days to create some 3D renders just to help better visualize my pitch and my skills.

No change of idea, just some supporting images.
Page Sizes: 
G. Wilson
G. Wilson
08/19/2013
Seems fair if you change anything ...the date changes too. I see I hit the "remove submission" button and it blocked it out in pink. I actually removed three, just to tighten and fix a typo or two but now there's no room to resubmit. Will those deleted submissions disappear to make room?
Ida Salitti
Ida Salitti
05/29/2014
Of all the things I don't like about FaceBook, there's one feature that is a good one: If you write a post or comment, then go back and edit it, you'll see a tiny 'edit' next to it. When you click on that, it gives you the time the edit was made, and also shows the original version. Great feature.
Page Sizes: