Vibram (pronounced Vee-brum) FiveFingers® original footwear is the latest innovation from the world leader in high-performance rubber soles, providing a healthy alternative to traditional sports shoes.
A barefoot revolution – the best kind! -- Vibram FiveFingers® reportedly helps with the knee pain and soreness almost inevitably encountered with traditional, err…“shoe-shaped” running shoes. Turns out, less is more. And where your feet are concerned, a lot more.
Sure, it looks crazy at first (all truly great ideas do). But then you think about it for a second, and you guess that Vibram FiveFingers® just might allow you to run more naturally. Then you put them on, and find out that your guess was exactly right.
That’s because FiveFingers encourages a more natural forefoot “strike” during running, and also allows the foot to move and work in a completely natural way, while also providing superior grip and protection over a variety of surfaces.
Let us be the first to say, "welcome to crazy!"
Create a must-see / must-forward / must “like” / must “pin” 30-90 second made-for-the-web video that generates excitement and buzz about Vibram FiveFingers.
We’d like your execution to stress the originality, leadership and innovation that’s at the core of the Vibram product line. Give us an “aha moment.” Make us see something familiar in a bold new way, just as Vibram’s FiveFingers footwear does. Humor? Always good! Just keep it clean…
This project is worth a total of $10,000 and will consist of two phases, so there’s a place for all of you to contribute and be rewarded, regardless of your skill set.
PHASE 1: IDEA – In 140 characters or less give us your Idea for the video. Remember, an Idea is not a detailed script, it is a tweet-sized spark of genius or distillation of what will happen in the video. As always, Ideas should be clever, engaging, and fun. The ten winning Idea creators will receive a pair of Vibram Fivefingers and a 5% residual payment of every winning video they are used to generate. Limit five (5) submissions, per member.
PHASE 2: VIDEO – Select one of the ten winning Ideas and create a 30-90 second video based on it. Try not to think of the Idea you are working off of as a script, but rather, a central thesis that you should build your work around. Alternatively, you may choose to enter a “Wild Card” submission not based on any winning Concepts from the previous phase. Obviously, this is a riskier enterprise, as the Project Judges will not have vetted any of base material. However, if you’ve got a wholly original take that you think will knock the Judges socks off, give it a shot! The top five video creators will earn cash prizes and the twenty additional creators will be selected to receive a pair of Vibram Fivefingers. As always, creativity and originality are king so make it interesting and have some fun with it. Limit five (5) submissions, per member.
--Referral: Any Tongal member who refers one of the top five winning video creators using the Tongal “Invite Friends” functionality will receive a 5% referral fee. That’s a potential $525 in bonus cash just for telling all of your talented friends about this project!
1. Videos MUST not exceed 90 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Keep the Vibram brand personality in mind. Simplicty. Smart design. Innovation. And a deep respect for the world’s finest technology: the human body!
4. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
5. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Vibram.
6. Submissions must not portray Vibram in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Vibram.
7. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
8. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
9. You must be at least thirteen (13) years or older to enter.
10. Minimum 25 videos, or the contest will repost for 14 days.
11. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files, editing sequence and an uncompressed QuickTime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to claim their prize.
12. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.