Hola Tongalitos! Welcome to our first-ever Spanish language Video Project! And if that isn’t exciting enough for you then how about the fact that the winning video will be aired on broadcast television!
For mothers throughout Mexico, Suavitel fabric softener has been a part of their lives since they were little girls. Their mom used it to make her family’s clothes smell extra clean and feel extra soft and now she does the same for her family. The smell of fresh laundry washed with Suavitel inevitably reminds her of all the little heartfelt gestures her mom did for her, and now she wants her family to experience those same feelings of happiness and contentment too.
At its core, Suavitel is the embodiment of a mother’s love for her children, one of Mom’s quiet and subtle gestures that make them feel safe and loved. The familiar fragrance and gentle softness it leaves on their clothes is like her warm embrace reminding them how much she cares.
The goal of this project is to create an authentic and heartfelt 20 second video (comprised of :17 of video you create and :03 of a bumper to be provided at a later date) along with a 10 second version that pays tribute to mom, and thanks her -- “Gracias, Mama” -- for all that she does. Suavitel wants to represent the voice of children to all the moms who dedicate themselves to the wants and needs of their families.
The video should celebrate a mother’s love that a child feels when he or she smells something that has been washed with Suavitel (e.g. a towel wrapped around him after a bath or the assuring softness of a scarf that is keeping her warm). Whatever the tender situation may be, we want you to find a moment that conveys the love and appreciation families feel when they smell the fresh and comforting scent after mom uses Suavitel.
The message will be broadcast to her for Mother’s Day – the day dedicated for families to tell mom how much they love and appreciate her.
--Key Marketing Messages:
• Thank you, mom, for loving me like you do.
• Suavitel's ultra-fresh fragrance is a reminder of mom's love.
• Tell moms they are loved and appreciated for every little thing they do.
--Executional Mandatories: Videos must showcase children interacting with (smelling, touching, nuzzling into, etc.) the clothing/fabric (blankets, sheets, sweaters, etc.) as they express their gratitude and love.
• Videos must strongly emphasize the fragrance message. Please see this video as an example of how animated flower cues are used to emphasize Suavitel’s ultra-fresh fragrance. Please keep in mind that this just an example and we’d like you to find other creative ways to implicitly or explicitly to convey the fragrance message
• ALSO, ALL OF THE DIALOGUE AND/OR VOICE OVER IN YOUR VIDEO MUST BE IN SPANISH. Idea and Pitch submissions should be in English, but the actual video that is produced must be in Spanish.
•Lastly, Thank you mom- (“Gracias mama”) phrase ONLY can be part of the dialogue and/or voice over, it should be not included as an endslate/copy/super or name of the campaign..
--Target Audience: She is a modern woman, seeking to successfully balance her role as a mother and a professional. She’s loving, fiercely dedicated and expresses her love for her family in many ways including the little details, like making sure their clothes smell extra fresh and feel extra soft. While she doesn’t expect or demand praise for all that she does she greatly cherishes it when it comes her way.
--Tone: Sentimental, loving, heartfelt.
--Exposure: Broadcast run around Mother’s Day in Latin America and Mexico.
This project will be worth a total of $23,750 and consist of three phases, an Idea Phase, a Pitch Phase and a Video Phase. Be sure to read the following information carefully as well as the Official Rules.
PHASE 1: IDEA – Tell us your Idea for a Suavitel “Thank You, Mom” Video in 140 characters or less. Remember, an Idea (What is an Idea Phase?) is not a detailed script; it is a spark of inspiration, or a distillation of what will happen in the Video. As always, Ideas should be clever and engaging. The winning Idea creators will receive $250 and a 5% one-time residual payment for the winning Video their Idea is used to generate. (That means if your winning Idea is the basis for the 1st place Video, you will receive $875, for the 2nd place video you’ll receive $275 and for the 3rd place video you’ll receive $275) – see Video Phase Payout details below.
PHASE 2: PITCH – Using text (500 characters or less), images (storyboards), video, and external links (to other supporting assets, i.e., your reel, etc.), give us your Pitch (What Is a Pitch Phase?) for how YOU would go about producing a 20 second video based on one of the winning Ideas. The most compelling Pitch will receive $500 to help create their Video. The winner (upon submitting their Winner's Affidavit and IP Assignment) will also be GUARANTEED a winning place in the subsequent Video Phase. So, if your Pitch is selected and you submit a video during the Video Phase, you will win an additional $500 and have an opportunity to compete for the $11,250 first place Video prize (subject to deduction for one-time 5% residual payment). Remember your Pitch can include any, and all, of the assets mentioned above and you MUST include a link to some of your previous video work on Tongal or elsewhere to be considered for this phase. For an example of an effective pitch, check out Sean Clark’s winning Benjamin Moore “Find Your Perfect Color” Pitch. All Pitches will remain private until after the winners of the Video Phase are announced and the Project is complete. Keep in mind, if you don’t win the Pitch Phase or choose not to create a Pitch, you will still have the opportunity to create and submit a “Wild Card” Video.
PHASE 3: VIDEO – The two winners from the Pitch Phase will create a 20 second video along with a 10 second version based upon their winning Pitch, and all other creators are invited to enter a “Wild Card” (What Is a Wildcard?) submission that is not based on any winning material from the previous phases. The Judges will score all Wild Card Videos and the one (1) highest scoring Wild Card Video and the winning Videos submitted by the Pitch winners will be scored to determine the standings for the Video Phase. Remember, the two Pitch winners, along with one non-Pitch Video creator, will receive prizes. REMEMBER, ALL OF THE DIALOGUE AND/OR VOICE OVER IN YOUR VIDEO MUST BE IN SPANISH.
--Video Phase Payout: Winners of the Video Phase will earn the following prizes: 1st place $11,250, 2nd place $5,500, 3rd place $5,500 (less any 5% one-time residual payments paid to Idea winners, as applicable).
--Music: Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing and technology company representing more than 2,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. This is not "stock" music. It is an inventory of more than 40,000 original, culturally relevant songs and music that have been compiled into a premium roster. Audiosocket's music will be available to Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Tongal members' submissions to this Project. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket roster, available by clicking on the "Audiosocket" button on the right hand side of this page. If you are interested in using a track from the Audiosocket roster, as described above, just add the track(s) you want to use to your cart using the "+cart" button, then click the "checkout" button. Enter the Tongal project name and click the "purchase and download" button to acquire the track for free ($0.00). Lastly, click the "download track" button, which will initiate the music file download. You may only use THREE Audiosocket tracks maximum as part of your video submission.
1. Videos must be in Spanish Language
2. Video submissions (each, a “Video”) must NOT exceed twenty (20) seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Participants must also submit a 10 second version of their video. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
3. Unless otherwise permitted in these General Requirements, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information about your work regarding the source, the creator and any background information, as requested by Tongal, Inc. (“Tongal”). Videos must NOT contain any content that is in violation of or infringes any intellectual property rights of any third party, including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks and rights of publicity and privacy. For example videos MUST NOT CONTAIN any Logos, brands, company names and crowd scenes, without appropriate releases. Keep backgrounds and props as GENERIC as possible.
4. You are permitted to use the Colgate-Palmolive trademark, (“Suavitel”), and the visual images provided herein (the "Colgate Intellectual Property" or "Colgate IP") for the limited purpose of creating your entry in accordance with these General Requirements for submission to Tongal’s Suavitel Contest. You are not permitted to use the Colgate IP for any other purpose, nor are you permitted to alter or modify the mark or visual images. All right, title, and interest in and to the Colgate IP is and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Colgate and you shall not acquire any rights therein by reason of these General Requirements. You may not use your submission for any other purpose nor post same to any social media or other website without the express written permission of Colgate. Videos must NOT include any mention of, reference to or visual image of other Colgate-Palmolive products that are unrelated to this Contest [or any products competitive to Colgate-Palmolive’s (Suavitel) product such as fabric softners and detergents (whether positive or negative). Videos must NOT include any statements, endorsements, testimonials or product claims (express or implied) regarding any Colgate-Palmolive or competitive products.
5. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third party music provider, you must obtain a full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and/or consent form to Tongal. Audiosocket is the preferred third party music provider for the Suavitel Project.
Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing agency representing more than 1,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. Audiosocket tracks will be available to Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Tongal members' Videos to the Speed Stick Project. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket catalog, available at http://audiosocket.com/. If you are interested in using a track from the Audiosocket catalog, as described above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for account and password info, which will allow for the download of up to three (3) tracks.
Any use of an Audiosocket track obtained through Tongal in connection with the Suavitel Project that is made outside of such Tongal member's submission to the Suavitel Project is strictly prohibited.
6. Videos cannot contain any unsuitable or offensive content, including any profanity, offensive language, sexually-explicit content, nudity, disparaging or libelous content or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Colgate-Palmolive Company.
7. Limit five (5) Videos per member, per phase.
8. You must be at least eighteen (18) years or older to enter.
9. In the event that Tongal does not receive a minimum of twenty-five (25) Pitches during a phase, no Pitches will be selected, and the Suavitel Project will repost for fourteen (14) days, or for such period of time as Tongal or Colgate-Palmolive deem necessary to receive a number of Videos to facilitate the Suavitel Project itself and the selection of winning Video(s).
10. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning Video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in their winning Videos, as well as a copy of a photo ID for all Talent releases.
11. Each winning Video creator must provide broadcast ready Pro Res files that meet the white page tech specs to be provided by Adstream, which will include (1) a Broadcast Master High resolution file, containing high res product pack and logo files supplied by Tongal and edited into the winning entry, (2) a Generic (super-less) high resolution file and (3) a Preview resolution file, as well as audio & music splits as per the white page specs.
12. You cannot submit a Video if you currently work or have ever worked for Colgate-Palmolive, Young & Rubicam, Inc. (“Y&R”), Tongal or any competitor of Colgate-Palmolive or if you are the immediate family member (parent, child, sibling or spouse) or household member (whether related or not) of such an employee. You cannot submit a Video if you currently work for, or have other obligations to, a party that would have any ownership or other interest in the Video or if your Video would violate any rights of that party or would be contrary to any of your obligations to that party.
13. You cannot submit any Video that has been entered in any previous contest, won any previous award or been published or distributed in any media (including without limitation on the Internet).
14. You understand that your Video is not being submitted to Tongal in confidence or in trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and Tongal by submission of your Video. Your Video will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Tongal finds that many submissions that it receives, including those from professionals, are identical or substantially similar to content already available in the public domain, that contain elements or content developed by Tongal’s community; or, for a host of many other reasons, are not novel or unique. You acknowledge and agree that Tongal’s use of other material containing elements similar to or identical with those contained in your Video will not obligate Tongal to negotiate with you or entitle you to any compensation and neither Tongal, Colgate-Palmolive nor Y&R will be liable to you in any way.
15. BY SUBMITTING A VIDEO ENTRY, YOUR SUBMISSION IMMEDIATELY BECOMES SOLELY THE PROPERTY OF TONGAL – SEE OFFICIAL RULES FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES. YOU MAY NOT PUBLICLY SHARE OR PUBLISH YOUR SUBMISSION IN ANY MANNER AND YOU MAY NOT POST OR UPLOAD YOUR SUBMISSION TO ANY WEB SITE OR VIDEO HOSTING SITE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE OR VIMEO), WITHOUT THE PRIOR EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF TONGAL. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS REQUIREMENT MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR ENTRY IN THE PROJECT.
16. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional Suavitel Project and general contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these General Requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these General Requirements shall prevail.
Videos : 4