***Four project finalists have been chosen. Vote now to pick your favorite Video! Public Voting closes Friday, June 27th at 12 pm PT.***
Hey all you aspiring HGTV interior designers, here’s your opportunity to put your creative eye to the test, and give your apartment (or house) some therapy in the process. But before you bust out your tape measures and swatches, first acquaint yourself with America’s Most Recommended Brand for new blinds and shades...
At first glance, maybe you’re wowed by their price or exhilarated by their pretty pictures. Well here are some even better reasons why you should choose Select Blinds:
- Select Blinds will OVERNIGHT you samples.
- AND if you don’t like your order, they provide No Hassle Returns!
So, savvy Tongal stylists, you know design matters. That’s why Select Blinds needs YOUR help to create Videos that are really fun and:
INFORM consumers in a clever and fun way that Select Blinds is the best way to buy new blinds –
- Select Blinds is the most trusted, quality-focused, affordable and stylish brand for buying blinds.
- Let people know that with their satisfaction guarantee, Select Blinds is the quick and trusted brand that is on your side when you buy.
INSPIRE homeowners with your creativity –
- Showcase their decorative blinds in a stylish way (that would make your friends want to pin it!)
- Show how great blinds can really transform a room / tie it all together / make it pop.
- Position Select Blinds as a lifestyle brand.
Have fun with it! Get creative! Take chances! Make viewers want to click on SelectBlinds.com to find their next great blinds… also a few “Likes” and “Shares” for your Video wouldn’t hurt either ;)
The goal of this project is to produce a really fun and creative 30 second video (with a 15 second cutdown) that shows homeowners why SelectBlinds.com is the best online store to buy new blinds. Remember, your video should communicate, in a really fun way, how Select Blinds is the most trusted, quality-focused, affordable and stylish brand for buying blinds.
Inspire and inform! Your Video should style their products and craft a narrative that shows how great new blinds can really help transform a room and define your space. Make viewers want to share the video with their in-the-know new homeowner friends, and drive them all to SelectBlinds.com to buy new blinds.
We’re looking for Videos that feel fun and shareable, and stand out from the noise – like Rhett & Link. Get the message across in an eye-catching way that still aligns within the look / tone / feel of the brand.
--Key Marketing Messages:
- Select Blinds is the most trusted, quality-focused, affordable and stylish brand for buying blinds.
- I need blinds and I want to buy them from Select Blinds.
Women 24-55. More specifically, new home owners, first time parents and anyone who is redecorating and could use new blinds.
- Must show the Select Blinds product in your video – the Sponsor suggests Wood Blinds, Faux Wood Blinds, and Honeycomb, but they’re open to a variety of products shown based on your creative inspiration
- Must show the Select Blinds logo within first 5 seconds of your video (found under the Assets Tab)
- Must mention the brand name “Select Blinds” (this can be in VO over a bumper or end card)
- Please NO overt bashing of their competitors
- Please NO overly sappy tone (ex: Stay away from something like those ASPCA Sarah McLaughlin commercials)
- Please keep it “PG” – avoid overly sexy themes or situations, even if it’s meant to get a laugh
The Brand wants to convey a sense of trust and style. But have fun with it! Creative, stylish, inspiring, informational, authentic, relevant, relatable, fresh, young. Open to levity, humor, docu-style, almost anything (except sappy or sexual).
Intended for use on Select Blinds digital and social properties.
Yes, please feature the product. Select Blinds recommends Wood Blinds, Faux Wood Blinds, and Honeycomb, but they are open to shipping you any design you want to showcase. Select Blinds will make product available to the Pitch winner and potential Wildcard creators.
**Select Blinds only ships to the U.S.**
--Special Note on Measuring and Installation:
Most Select Blinds customers DIY. They measure and install and save big. Pretty much, if you can hang a picture on your wall, you can hang a blind. For more info and instructions, see below:
- "How to Measure" - http://www.selectblinds.com/measure.aspx
- "How to Install" - http://www.selectblinds.com/install.aspx
This Project will be worth a total of $25,000 and consists of THREE (3) Phases: an Idea Phase, a Pitch Phase and a Video Phase. Be sure to read the following information carefully as well as the Official Rules.
PHASE 1: IDEA – Tell us your Idea for a Select Blinds Video in 140 characters or less. Remember, an Idea (What is an Idea Phase?) is not a detailed script; it is a spark of inspiration, or a distillation of what will happen in the Video. As always, Ideas should be clever and engaging. The winning Idea creators will receive $500 each and a 5% one-time residual payment for any winning Video(s) based on their Idea. (That means if your winning Idea is the basis for the 1st place Video, you will receive $625, and the 2nd place Video $375)– see Video Phase Payout details for more information.
PHASE 2: PITCH - Submit your Pitch (What Is a Pitch Phase?) convincing the Sponsor why you should be selected to execute a Video based on one of the winning Ideas from the previous Phase using:
- Text (REQUIRED): 500 characters or less synopsizing how you plan to approach and execute this Video.
- Links (REQUIRED): To your previous video work. Please specify your role (producer, director, cinematography, etc.) and DO NOT INCLUDE LINKS TO YOUR SHOWREEL. Please link to individual videos.
- Script (Optional): This should include dialogue from the video you intend to create.
- Treatment (Optional): A detailed narrative description of what's going to happen in the video.
- Image (Optional): Additional concept art, storyboards, shot list, casting notes, anything that helps get your point across.
- Pitch Video (Optional): This is your opportunity to show us what you're capable of. Consider submitting a Pitch video in which you tell the Sponsor what they can expect should they choose your Pitch. Also, test videos, animatics, etc. are welcome.
The ONE (1) most compelling Pitch will be selected and, upon submitting the Winner’s Affidavit and the IP Assignment, will receive $4,000 to help create the Video. Additionally, upon submitting a Video that satisfies the criteria laid out in your winning Pitch, the Pitch winner will also be GUARANTEED a winning place in the subsequent Video Phase. So, if your Pitch is selected and you execute your Pitch effectively in your Video submission, you will win an additional $7,500, at a minimum, and have a chance to compete for the $12,500 First Place video prize (subject to deduction for one-time 5% residual payment to eligible Idea winners). For an example of an effective Pitch, check out Erik Beck’s winning “3 Artists & 5,000 LEGOs” Pitch video. All Pitches will remain private until after the winner of the Video Phase is announced and the Project is complete.
PHASE 3: VIDEO – The ONE (1) winner from the Pitch Phase will create a 30 second Video (with a 15 second cutdown) based upon their winning Pitch.
All other creators are invited to enter a Wildcard (What Is a Wildcard?) submission that can be based on one of the winning Idea(s) from the previous Phase or a totally original concept that is not based on any winning material from the Idea Phase. The Judges will score all Wildcard submissions and the ONE (1) highest scoring Wildcard Video along with the ONE (1) winning Video submitted by the Pitch winner will be scored to determine the standings for the Video Phase. Remember, the ONE (1) Pitch winner, along with ONE (1) Wildcard creator, will receive prizes.
1. The Video MUST not exceed 30 seconds in length. Preferred format for upload to the Tongal website is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX. Should you win, you will also be required to provide a 1080p .mov master file, using a ProRes, Animation, or Uncompressed Codec
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider not provided by Tongal, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
4. BY SUBMITTING A VIDEO ENTRY, YOUR SUBMISSION IMMEDIATELY BECOMES THE SOLE PROPERTY OF TONGAL OR ITS ASSIGNEES – SEE OFFICIAL RULES FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES. YOU MAY NOT PUBLICLY SHARE OR PUBLISH YOUR SUBMISSION IN ANY MANNER AND YOU MAY NOT POST OR UPLOAD YOUR SUBMISSION TO ANY WEBSITE OR VIDEO HOSTING SITE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE OR VIMEO), WITHOUT THE PRIOR EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF TONGAL. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS REQUIREMENT MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR ENTRY IN THE PROJECT.
5. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Sponsor.
6. Submissions must not portray Sponsor in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Sponsor.
7. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
8. Limit 5 submissions per member, per Phase.
9. You must be at least thirteen (13) years or older to enter.
10. In the event that fewer than 35 Pitches are received, the Sponsor reserves the right to repost the contest for up to fourteen (14) days at their discretion.
11. In addition to the judging criteria stated in the OFFICIAL RULES, Pitches will also be evaluated on that member's ability to execute the final Video based on their prior work and experience as a filmmaker.
12. The Sponsor will be entitled to reasonable revisions on the finished Video(s) without providing additional compensation. Remember it's easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
13. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning Video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, Music (or other) Releases for all assets appearing in their winning Videos, as well as a copy of a photo ID for all On-camera Talent releases. You must also provide all project files, editing sequences and a 1080p .mov master file, using a ProRes, Animation, or Uncompressed Codec to claim your prize.
14. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.
Videos : 7