Most women are professional multi-taskers – nimbly gliding from serene yoga mat, to intense workday, to rockstar Mojito Monday’s – without even (noticeably) breaking a sweat. But this expert level of composure can be fragile - you’re coyly tying up your hair and “do’h” that hunky guy from the office next door zooms in and spots those pesky white deodorant marks all over your favorite black halter-top. (Why is it always the black tops?!) There’s just no cool way out of that awkward situation—those white marks…so not sexy.
Despite what the experts say, that “trick” where you’re supposed to rub fabric against fabric is a losing game and don’t even bother wasting your $5 on the Hollywood Deodorant Sponge. Sadly, all it takes is a little white deodorant residue to ruin a perfectly phenomenal outfit…and your confidence.
This is exactly why Secret Outlast has created a Clear Gel to eliminate white marks and the crazy dance women do to avoid them at all costs. But Secret Outlast Clear Gel isn’t a one-trick pony it also provides the dual benefit of 48-hour odor protection!
The goal of this project is to create a hilarious and smart 30-60 second video that creatively pokes fun at those relatable white marks, the embarrassment they cause and the great lengths women will go to avoid them. Have fun with compensating behaviors, like the “Deodorant Dance” – show us the elaborate moves women will do to dodge those dreaded white marks, while praising the benefits of Secret Outlast Clear Gel. Get creative, like the actress rumored to sew shoulder pads into the armpits of her sweaters!
We want engaging content that is entertaining rather than a blatant advertisement and is something that people will want to share with their friends. This is your opportunity to write a really funny SNL sketch about 25 year old girls, just being girls while organically working in Secret Outlast Clear Gel.
Try asking yourself, how can you bring “No White Marks” to life by demonstrating these physical and/or emotional benefits?
• Physical benefit: Less white residue on skin and clothing compared to invisible solids.
• Emotional benefit: Finally there’s a way to avoid white marks. No more compensating behaviors.
To get an idea of Secret’s willingness to have fun with this, please see their current TV campaign featuring Jenni Pulos from the hit Bravo show “Flipping Out” and their online spots where Jenni shows some incredible hand puppetry skills.
We’re also looking for a way to urge viewers to interact with your video. Perhaps something like a “call to action” that asks them to share their own scary stories or sweet dance moves.
--Key Marketing Message: Secret Outlast Clear Gel: 48-hour odor protection, plus “No White Marks”.
--Target Audience: Female, 25 years old.
--Tone: Humorous, positive, with relatable elements for the target audience.
--Exposure: Digital videos leveraged on assets owned by Secret brand – website, Facebook page, YouTube page, etc.
This project will be worth a total of $35,000 and consist of three phases, an Idea Phase, a Pitch Phase and a Video Phase. Be sure to read the following information carefully as well as the Official Rules.
PHASE 1: IDEA – Tell us your Idea for a Secret “No White Marks” Video in 140 characters or less. Remember, an Idea (What is an Idea Phase?) is not a detailed script; it is a spark of inspiration, or a distillation of what will happen in the Video. As always, Ideas should be clever and engaging. Winning Idea creators will each receive $250 and a 5% one-time residual payment for every winning Video their Idea is used to generate. (That means if your winning Idea is the basis for the 1st place Video, you will receive $875, the 2nd place Video $450, the 3rd place Video $212.50 and the 4th place Video $100) – see Video Phase Payout details below.
PHASE 2: PITCH – Using text (500 characters or less), images (storyboards), video, and external links (to other supporting assets, i.e., your reel, etc.), give us your Pitch (What Is a Pitch Phase?) for how YOU would go about producing a 30–60 second video based on one of the winning Ideas. The THREE most compelling Pitches will be selected and will receive $500 to help create their Video. Those winners (upon submitting their Winner's Affidavit and IP Assignment) will also be GUARANTEED a winning place in the subsequent Video Phase. So, if your Pitch is selected and you submit a video during the Video Phase, you will win an additional $2,000, at a minimum, and have a chance to compete for the $17,500 first place Video prize (subject to deduction for one-time 5% residual payment). Remember your Pitch can include any, and all, of the assets mentioned above and you MUST include a link to some of your previous video work on Tongal or elsewhere to be considered for this phase. For an example of an effective pitch, check out Sean Clark’s winning Benjamin Moore “Find Your Perfect Color” Pitch. All Pitches will remain private until after the winners of the Video Phase are announced and the Project is complete. Keep in mind, if you don’t win the Pitch Phase or choose not to create a Pitch, you will still have the opportunity to create and submit a “Wild Card” Video.
PHASE 3: VIDEO – The THREE winners from the Pitch Phase will create a 30–60 second video based upon their winning Pitches, and all other creators are invited to enter a “Wild Card” (What Is a Wildcard?) submission that is not based on any winning material from the previous phases. The Judges will score all Wild Card Videos and the one (1) highest scoring Wild Card Video and the 3 winning Videos submitted by Pitch winners will be scored to determine the standings for the Video Phase. Remember, the THREE Pitch winners, along with ONE non-Pitch Video creator, will receive prizes.
--Video Phase Payout: Winners of the Video Phase will earn the following prizes: 1st place $17,500, 2nd place $9,000, 3rd place $4,250, 4th place $2,000 (less any 5% one-time residual payments paid to Idea winners, as applicable).
--Music: Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing and technology company representing more than 2,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. This is not "stock" music. It is an inventory of more than 40,000 original, culturally relevant songs and music that have been compiled into a premium roster. Audiosocket's music will be available to Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Tongal members' submissions to this Project. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket roster, available by clicking on the "Audiosocket" button on the right hand side of this page. If you are interested in using a track from the Audiosocket roster, as described above, just add the track(s) you want to use to your cart using the "+cart" button, then click the "checkout" button. Enter the Tongal project name and click the "purchase and download" button to acquire the track for free ($0.00). Lastly, click the "download track" button, which will initiate the music file download. You may only use THREE Audiosocket tracks maximum as part of your video submission.
1. The Video MUST not exceed 60 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
4. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Secret.
5. Submissions must not portray Secret in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Secret.
6. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
7. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
8. You must be at least thirteen (13) years or older to enter.
9. Minimum 50 Pitches, or the contest may repost for fourteen (14) days at the sponsor's discretion.
10. Sponsor will be entitled to one reasonable round of revisions on the finished video without providing additional compensation. Remember it's easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
11. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files, editing sequence and an uncompressed quicktime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to claim their prize.
13. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.
Videos : 3
Videos : 2