If we played a game of word association with you and started with “courage,” where would it take you? “Soldier”… “athlete”… “leader” … “lion” … How long do you think it would it take for the word “social” to come up? Chances are it wouldn’t, but Social Courage is something that can help us to live life at its best, up close and personal. Let us demonstrate…
Thursday night. You're at your favorite restaurant with your friends, who unbeknownst to you, took it upon themselves to extend the invite to their friends turning your 4-top into an 8, meaning you’re practically using the same fork and napkin as the (handsome) stranger next to you. OK—Freeze—this can go one of two ways, one that involves Social Courage, and one that does not.
If you’ve got some social courage, stirring up some witty banter to go along with those small plates might lead to some deeper conversation with Mr. or Ms. Stranger. That conversation might lead to a revelation on how to invent a new contraption that could solve irrigation issues in Sub-Saharan Africa. That contraption leads to a published patent, the two of you getting rich, solving clean water issues, saving lives and falling in love. You have six Nobel Laureates, four kids and move to a private island in the Mediterranean. Well, that was worth it.
If you lack social courage, you keep your brilliant thoughts to yourself, go home early and repeat this cycle until you’re 40, stuck in a dead end job, in debt, still single and watching the ball drop from your dilapidated studio with Fluffy and Puffy, your twin Calicos every New Year’s Eve’s, from here until Eternity.
Well, maybe not that extreme, but you get it. Social Courage is good stuff, it's essential to your lifestyle…you need it. And the long-lasting fresh breath you get from Scope can give you Social Courage, pretty cheap. Seems like a fair deal to us.
Scope. Because a life that’s lived best, is a life that’s lived up close and personal.
The goal of this project is to create a funny, entertaining and sharable 30-60 second video around the idea that Scope gives you the courage to put yourself out there and connect with those around you in social situations at any time.
Your video should be funny and entertaining – something people will want to pass along to their friends. Scope’s tone of voice is unexpected, honest, challenging, fun, and irreverent. If Scope were a person, he/she would have swagger but not be too cocky. He would be quirky and would surprise you (in a good, funny way). He’d be a straight-talker and a little mischievous but wouldn’t put people down or be malicious. It’s that person who is a catalyst – they get the party started and can find the fun in any situation.
--Key marketing message: Scope gives you long-lasting fresh breath so you can be socially courageous.
--Target Audience: Men and women in their 20’s and 30’s (bull’s eye age 28). They are highly social creatures, who crave excitement and put themselves out there. They’re the social planners for their large circle of friends. They believe life is best lived up close and personal. They don’t shy away from hugs and kisses and are often the first to dole them out. These are people who use mouthwash simply for fresh breath rather than health benefits and they’d be mortified to be caught with bad breath and hold back if they’re not sure their breath passes muster.
--Exposure: Online through a paid media plan and on Scope’s website and social media properties, as well as, Scope PR events.
This project will be worth a total of $37,500 and consist of three phases. Also, this tournament style process will progress differently from previous projects, so be sure to read the following information carefully.
PHASE 1: IDEA – Tell us your Idea for a 30-60 second video in 140 characters or less. Remember, an Idea is not a detailed script; it is a moment of inspiration, or a tweet-sized distillation of what will happen in the Video. As always, Ideas should be clever, engaging, and fun. Winning Idea creators will each receive $250 and a 5% residual payment for every winning video their Idea is used to generate.
PHASE 2: PITCH – Using text (500 characters or less), images (storyboards), video, and external links (to other supporting assets, i.e., your reel, etc.), give us your Pitch for how YOU would go about producing this Video based on one of the winning Ideas. The seven most compelling Pitches will be selected and will receive a $500 production advance to help create their Video. Those winners (upon submitting their Winner's Affidavit and IP Assignment) will also be GUARANTEED to place in the subsequent Video Phase. So, if your Pitch is selected, you will earn a minimum of $1,500 with a 1-in-10 shot at the $12,500 first place video prize. Remember your Pitch can include any, and all, of the assets mentioned above, but you MUST include a link to some of your previous video work on Tongal or elsewhere to be considered for this phase. To avoid information cascades, all Pitches will remain private until after the video winners of the subsequent phase are announced. Alternatively, even if you don’t win the Pitch Phase or choose not to create a pitch, you will still have the opportunity to create a “Wild Card” Video completely of your own creative devices in the subsequent Phase.
PHASE 3: VIDEO – Winning Pitch creators from the previous phase will utilize their $500 advance to create a 30-60 second video based upon their winning materials and all other creators are invited to enter a “Wild Card” submission that’s not based on any winning material from the previous phases. Remember, the SEVEN Pitch winners are GUARANTEED prizes, as are THREE of the non-pitch video creators.
--Music: Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing and technology company representing more than 2,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. This is not "stock" music. It is an inventory of more than 40,000 original, culturally relevant songs and music that have been compiled into a premium roster. Audiosocket's music will be available to Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Tongal members' submissions to the Scope Project. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket roster, available by clicking on the "Audiosocket" button on the right hand side of this page. If you are interested in using a track from the Audiosocket roster, as described above, just add the track(s) you want to use to your cart using the "+cart" button, then click the "checkout" button. Enter the Tongal project name and click the "purchase and download" button to acquire the track for free ($0.00). Lastly, click the "download track" button, which will initiate the music file download.
--Samples: There is a limited quantity of new Scope bottle labels available for incorporation into your video. If you would like one for your shoot, please email email@example.com with your mailing address and we will send you one. If you are not using one of these new labels and you choose to include the product in your video, please make sure you use the Green Outlast Scope bottle.
1. Videos MUST not exceed 60 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Should you choose to show someone using Scope in your video, you must show the proper dose, which is 2/3 of a capful, no swigging from the bottle – must be poured into cap and no swallowing the product.
4. Any use of an Audiosocket track obtained through Tongal in connection with the Scope Project that is outside of such Tongal member's submission to such project is strictly prohibited.
5. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
6. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Scope.
7. Submissions must not portray Scope in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Scope.
8. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
9. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
10. You must be at least thirteen (13) years or older to enter.
11. Minimum 100 Pitches, or the contest may repost for fourteen (14) days at the sponsor's discretion.
12. Sponsor will be entitled to one reasonable round of revisions on the finished videos without providing additional compensation. Remember it's easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
13. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files, editing sequence and an uncompressed quicktime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to claim their prize.
14. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.