With technology moving at the speed of light, it can prove difficult to stay hip and own the latest mobile technology while not breaking the bank. Let’s face it – gone are the days where you could smoothly whip out the flip phone and get a girl’s number, or get the party jumpin’ with a clunky MP3 player. Once the source of endless pride, old mobile technology has a way of becoming a source of embarrassment – digital scarlet letters of shame.
The good news? A quick look around your house most likely reveals a large amount of that old mobile technology is still in your possession - crammed away in sock drawers, stuffed into closets, and lost down the cracks of your couch.
It’s retired tech – and it certainly seems like it would fit in well at an old folk’s home.
Luckily, RadioShack has announced that it’s time for a makeover - America’s Mobile Makeover to be exact. RadioShack’s Trade & Save Program allows customers to trade-in pre-owned phones and other devices to receive immediate store credit for purchases. Other devices (such as cameras, GPS and MP3 players) can also be traded in using RadioShack’s Trade & Save program. The value of the trade-in is determined by RadioShack and is dependent on the actual technology trade-in and time of quality. Money never sleeps. Why should your technology? Please visit, www.radioshack.com/tradein to see all trade-in eligible devices.
Don’t know where the device was purchased? Don’t care – Trade & Save accepts eligible electronics trade-ins no matter where they were purchased.
For example - Have an iPhone 3GS and want to “stay sexy” by purchasing a iPhone 4S or another new smartphone? Trade it in and receive immediate store credit toward the purchase of a new device!
Every product that is traded in is refurbished or recycled, so not only will your street credibility instantly rise, but you’ll be respecting your Mother…Earth.
Use RadioShack’s hassle-free Trade & Save program to unlock the value of old technology and save on hot new products every day.
Create a 30-60 second video that humorously dramatizes looking for/discovering old working mobile technology around your house/yard sale/goodwill, etc. Your unused electronics aren’t paying your mortgage or making you dinner. They are just taking up space in your house. Put them to work for you by trading them in and saving some money at RadioShack.
Feel free to push the envelope here – nothing is too quirky, off-the-wall or outlandish. Show us just how far your subjects are willing to go to embrace RadioShack’s Trade & Save promotion, using the money to purchase that piece of technology they’ve always fantasized about. Have a different direction in mind? Go for it – we want you to feel in complete creative control.
--Key Marketing Messages: RadioShack’s Trade & Save Program allows customers to trade-in pre-owned phones and other devices to receive immediate store credit for purchases.
--Consumer Barrier: It takes effort to dig around and find those old pieces of technology – many consumers have a hard enough time finding their current phones, let alone old/outdated ones.
--Communication Objective: Drive consumers to trade-in their old/retired mobile phones, cameras, GPS and MP3 players to RadioShack, get an immediate rebate and purchase the newest devices. While a consumer can trade-in many devices, the focus of this promotion is mobile trade-ins.
--Target Audience: Anyone that has old/retired mobile technology!
--Videos Must: End on a 3-5 second animated bumper featuring the RadioShack logo, America’s Mobile Makeover logo and one superimposed slide — SLIDE: “UPDATE YOUR TECH WITH RADIOSHACK’s TRADE & SAVE PROGRAM.” LOWER THIRDS: “FOR MORE INFO, VISIT US AT www.radioshack.com/tradein, facebook.com/RadioShack or twitter.com/radioshack”
This project will be worth a total of $25,000 and consist of two phases.
PHASE 1: PITCH – Using text (500 characters or less), images (storyboards), video, and external links (to other supporting assets, i.e., your reel, etc.), give us your Pitch for how YOU would go about producing a Video based on the Project Objective in the allotted two weeks. The FOUR most compelling Pitches will be selected and will receive a $500 production budget to help create their Videos. Those winners (upon submitting their Winner's Affidavit and IP Assignment) will also be GUARANTEED to place in the subsequent Video Phase. So, if your Pitch is selected, you will earn a minimum of $2,500 with a 1-in-5 shot at the $12,000 first place video prize ($12,500 total). Remember your Pitch can include any, and all, of the assets mentioned above, but you MUST include a link to some of your previous video work on Tongal or elsewhere to be considered for this phase. For an example of an effective pitch, check out Sean Clark’s winning Benjamin Moore “Find Your Perfect Color” Pitch. Alternatively, even if you don’t win the Pitch Phase or choose not to create a pitch, you will still have the opportunity to create a “Wild Card” Video completely of your own creative devices in the subsequent Phase. To avoid information cascades, all Pitches will remain private until after the video winners of the subsequent phase are announced.
PHASE 2: VIDEO – Winning Pitch creators from the previous phase will utilize their $500 advance to create one 30-60- second Video based upon their winning materials. Remember, the four Pitch winners are GUARANTEED to win one of the video prizes as is one of the “Wildcard” submissions. The Video Phase of this project will only be open for two weeks, so plan accordingly.
--Music: Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing agency representing more than 1,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. Audiosocket tracks will be available to Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Tongal members' submissions to the Radio Shack Project. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket catalog, available at http://audiosocket.com/. If you are interested in using a track from the Audiosocket catalog, as described above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for account and password info which will allow for the download of up to 3 tracks.
1. Videos MUST not exceed 60 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Videos must end on a 3-5 second animated bumper featuring the RadioShack logo and one superimposed slide — SLIDE: “UPDATE YOUR TECH WITH RADIOSHACK’s TRADE & SAVE PROGRAM.” LOWER THIRDS: “FOR MORE INFO, VISIT US AT www.radioshack.com/tradein, facebook.com/RadioShack or twitter.com/radioshack”
5. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
6. Any use of an Audiosocket track obtained through Tongal in connection with the RadioShack Trade & Save Project that is outside of such Tongal member's submission to such project is strictly prohibited.
7. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of RadioShack.
8. Submissions must not portray RadioShack in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with RadioShack.
9. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
10. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
11. Minimum 50 Pitches, or the contest will repost for 14 days.
12. Sponsor will be entitled to one reasonable round of revisions on the finished videos without providing additional compensation. Remember it's easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
13. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files, editing sequence and an uncompressed quicktime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to claim their prize.
14. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.