Nine West stands for aspirational yet attainable fun fashion and their cool, clean 9 icon design is recognized by people all over the world. This is your chance to TAKE THE NINE TO ALL NEW PLACES.
Nine West needs you to help promote their Fall fashion line by creating fun and engaging animations of the brand’s icon that tie back to their fashion stories for the Fall 2010 season. Your goal is to bring the current 9 design to life in a forward-thinking, cool way by incorporating this season’s trends into a 15-30 second animation.
The winning animations will be showcased on the Nine West website. Creators are eligible to submit up to four animations, two for each of the following themes:
Utility – Attitude has never been a bigger accessory – with the help of studs, straps, buckles, and of course black. For example, a bunch of 9s parachute out of a helicopter and transform into shoes when they hit the ground.
Animal – Retro leopard and animal prints become modern in classic shapes like minaudierie clutches and chic pumps. For example, a 9 walks down the runway in a leapord coat while lights flash. Product images can be found here.
This contest will be worth a total of $7,500 and consist of one phase.
Select one of the two themes (UTILITY or ANIMAL) and make a 15-30 second animated Video. You many submit up to four animations (two for each theme). The best animation will take home $4,000 and there are cash rewards for the five best animations. Royalty-free music is available for download courtesy of Audiosocket.com and can be found in the Project Files Section of this page. A PDF with visual examples of the two looks is also available in the Project Files Section.
As always, be sure to read all of the Requirements before starting your animation.
For more information about Nine West, check out ninewest.com and become a fan on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ninewest).
1. Animations must be 15-30 seconds in length and MUST not exceed 30 seconds. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV and DivX. NOTE: Flash Files (.flv) will not play on the Tongal player. Therefore, if you are using flash to create your animation, convert it into one of the acceptable file formats before uploading.
2. All work MUST be your own and free of any copyrighted material.
3. Animations MUST contain the Nine West "9" logo, available in the PROJECT FILES tab on this page.
4. Animations cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Nine West.
5. Animations must not portray Nine West in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Nine West.
6. Contest names must be in the English language or subtitled.
7. Limit 4 (2 per theme) submission(s) per member.
8. You must be at least 13 years of age to enter.
9. Minimum twenty (20) Animations or the contest will repost for seven (7) days.
10. The final hi-definition source sequence of any winning animation must be delivered to Tongal no later than July 8th, 2010.