Promotion is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Motorola Mobility, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Verizon Wireless, Weber Shandwick, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies, and members of their immediate family (spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win.
Motorola Brand Story
Motorola believes that people can achieve great things. Through innovative technology, Motorola creates experiences that simplify, connect and enrich people's lives to achieve a Life (m) Powered. It’s an exhilarating moment when you realize that with the right tools you can do anything.
DROID BIONIC by Motorola has arrived and is breaking new ground as one of the fastest, most powerful smartphones on the market. The DROID BIONIC by Motorola runs on Verizon’s 4G LTE network, providing lightning quick access to content, a new level of ease in downloading music and watching videos, innovative applications like webtop and ZumoCast by Motorola for new ways to access and experience your entertainment, and powerful capabilities such as 1080p HD video capture, video chat over 4G and a brilliant 4.3” qHD display for an immersive multimedia experience.
DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license.
Create a 30-90 second video that gets consumers excited about the new DROID BIONIC through creative story-telling in which the device and its technology empowers the moment and aligns with the theme of “Control it, and you control everything.” This video can focus on a unique aspect of DROID BIONIC and/or how it can affect a consumer’s life/give them control over their content and their life.
This project will be worth a total of $25,000 and consist of three phases. Also, this tournament style process will progress differently from previous projects, so be sure to read the following information carefully.
PHASE 1: IDEA – In 140 characters or less, tell us your Idea for a video that centers around the theme of “Control it, and your control everything.” Remember, an Idea is not a detailed script; it is a brief synopsis or distillation of what will happen in the Video. As always, Ideas should be clever, engaging, and fun. Winning Ideas will receive $250 and a 5% residual payment of every winning Video they are used to generate, as well as a DROID BIONIC by Motorola smartphone and complementary accessory.
PHASE 2: PITCH – Using text (500 characters or less), images (storyboards), video, and external links (to other supporting assets, i.e., your reel, etc.), give us your Pitch for how YOU would go about producing this Video based on one of the five winning Ideas from the previous Phase. The FIVE most compelling Pitches will be selected and the creators of those Pitches will receive a $500 production budget plus the device to create their Video. Those winners will also be GUARANTEED to place in the subsequent Video Phase. So, if your Pitch is selected, you will earn a minimum of $1,500 (minus residuals) with a 1-in-8 shot at the $10,000 first place video prize, as well as a DROID BIONIC by Motorola smartphone and complementary accessory. Remember your Pitch can include any, and all, of the assets mentioned above, but you MUST include a link to some of your previous video work on Tongal or elsewhere to be considered for this phase. For an example of an effective pitch, check out Sean Clarke’s winning Benjamin Moore “Find Your Perfect Color” Pitch here. To avoid information cascades, all Pitches will remain private until after the video winners of the subsequent phase are announced. Alternatively, even if you don’t win the Pitch Phase or choose not to create a pitch, you will still have the opportunity to create a “Wild Card” Video completely of your own creative devices in the subsequent Phase.
PHASE 3: VIDEO – Create a 30-90 second video that centers on the theme of “Control it, and you control everything.” Remember, it should be a narrative about how BIONIC puts control back into the consumer’s hands. In terms of style/approach, it is strongly suggested that your video be consistent with the overall DROID branding. Pitch winners of the previous phase will submit their Videos while all other creators are invited to enter a “Wild Card” submission that’s not based on any winning material from the previous phase. Remember, the Five Pitch winners are GUARANTEED prizes as are three of the non-pitch video creators.
--Target Audience: 25-40 years old, predominately male, repeat smartphone buyers who are tech-savvy early adopters and tend to be more stylish.
--Key Marketing Message/Takeaway: “Control it, and you control everything”
--Key Features that make DROID BIONIC stand out from the crowd:
• Superhuman Speed: DROID BIONIC is the first 4G LTE smartphone at Verizon Wireless with a dual-core 1GHz processor and 1GB of RAM -- delivering faster web browsing, better multi-tasking, and smoother gaming
• A PC Hard Drive in Your Pocket: DROID BIONIC comes pre-loaded with ZumoCast by Motorola, delivering near-instant access to remote files on your home/work PCs with no uploading or syncing. Music, video, pictures and documents can be viewed, streamed or downloaded from your DROID BIONIC.
• Power at your Fingertips: DROID BIONIC features the webtop app, which beams a full Firefox browser onto the Lapdock’s screen or onto a monitor or TV. The webtop app lets you browse the web on a larger display while still having full access to all your phone apps and functionality, and can be unlocked with the Lapdock, HD Station dock or Adapter for Webtop Application.
• Media by the Kiloton: DROID BIONIC is also the first 4G LTE smartphone at Verizon Wireless with a qHD display. This brilliant 4.3” display is the perfect way to view the 1080p HD videos and 8MP pictures you just captured, watch HD movies, or video chat with friends and family over 4G LTE or Wi-Fi.
--Music: Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing agency representing more than 1,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. Audiosocket tracks will be available to Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Tongal members' submissions to the Motorola Project. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket catalog, available at http://audiosocket.com/. If you are interested in using a track from the Audiosocket catalog, as described above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for account and password info which will allow for the download of up to 3 tracks.
--Exposure: Motorola intends to leverage this content across their digital channels including social, web, possibly banners, YouTube takeovers, etc. in order to promote the launch of DROID BIONIC by Motorola and educate consumers on its unique differentiators.
There are five Judging Criteria for this project and each will be taken into consideration equally when evaluating and ranking the submissions
1) Creativity: Is this an original and interesting piece of content?
2) Brand Representation: Does this content properly represent the brand, product or messaging.
3) Production Quality: Is the video properly formatted, well-lit, well-shot, is the sound crisp and clear, is it well-acted, does it go above and beyond in terms of resourcefulness.
4) Objective: How well does the piece of content fulfill the objective of this specific project?
5) Focus Group: Response from the Motorola Facebook Community.
1. Videos should be 30-90 seconds and MUST not exceed 90 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. All work must be your own and free of any copyrighted material.
3. Videos must mention the product name a minimum of one (1) time. Also, you must show the DROID BIONIC logo at least one (1) time and for a minimum of three (3) seconds total on screen. One of those times should be the end title/frames of the video. You can choose from any of the logos provided on the PROJECT FILES page.
4. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Motorola Mobility.
5. Submissions must not portray Motorola in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Motorola.
6. Submissions must be in the English language or subtitled.
7. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
8. Any use of an Audiosocket track obtained through Tongal in connection with the Motorola Project that is outside of such Tongal member's submission to such project is strictly prohibited.
9. Promotion is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Motorola Mobility, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Verizon Wireless, Weber Shandwick, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies, and members of their immediate family (spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win.
10. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files and an uncompressed quicktime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to claim their prize.
11. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions.
Videos : 1
Videos : 5
Videos : 1
Videos : 1