WHILE THIS PROJECT HAS ALREADY WRAPPED UP - PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR NEW KIVA U PROJECT HERE.
Kiva.org is a non-profit that's revolutionizing the fight against global poverty by enabling people to make small loans to low-income entrepreneurs who are supported by microfinance institutions around the world.
These loans provide affordable working capital (money to buy sewing machines, livestock, etc.) thus empowering the poor to earn their way out of poverty. Over 597,000 "lenders" have discovered Kiva as a way to fight global poverty in a direct, connected, and sustainable way with over $100 MILLION in loans to date.
MAKE A SMALL LOAN, MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE.
Most of the poor around the world are self-employed entrepreneurs, and a small loan can dramatically improve the life of these entrepreneurs, their families, and their communities. Recently featured by The Wall Street Journal, The Oprah Winfrey Show and Bill Clinton's book - "Giving”, Kiva is turning heads and making microfinance accessible to the masses.
For more on Kiva’s mission statement, “Connect people, through lending, for the sake of alleviating poverty,” visit Kiva.org
For detailed information on how Kiva works and to view some of Kiva's press coverage, visit the Tongal Blongal
The goal of the contest is to create an inspiring video that explains how the Kiva loan process works. The video should not only serve as a tutorial but as a tool to raise awareness and attract new lenders to Kiva.org
Judges will be evaluating the videos based on:
1) How well they explain the Kiva loan process in a simple and concise manner.
1. Videos should be no longer than 2 minutes in length, minimum of 30 seconds. Preferred format is 720p HD; 16x9 aspect ratio. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Videos must use the phrase “Loans That Change Lives” and the Kiva logo and URL (Kiva.org) at least 1 time(s) and for a minimum of 3 seconds on screen. One of those times should be the end title/frames of the video. You can choose from any of the logos provided on the CONTEST FILES link on this page.
3. Videos must clearly demonstrate the role of Kiva’s Field Partners (the microfinance institutions that Kiva partners with).
4. All work must be your own and free of any copyrighted material.
5. You may use images of the entrepreneurs found in the Kiva Image Gallery.
6. Videos cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Kiva.
7. Videos must not portray Kiva in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Kiva.
8. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
9. Limit 2 submission(s) per member.
10. You must be at least 13 years of age to enter.
12. Minimum ten (10) Video Submissions or the contest will repost for fourteen (14) days.