Moms are some of the busiest people on the planet. Among the gazillion things on their plate, they must deftly balance the household’s individual tastes while finding economic one-size-fits-all solutions. When it comes to body soap, satisfying everyone’s individual preferences is a monumental challenge. Odds are the football-obsessed hubby and stage-5 vegan teenage daughter aren’t going to see eye-to-eye on anything let alone the family soap selection.
Fortunately, Ivory has made mom’s plate a little less full by creating a suite of highly effective soap products that are desirable for the entire family. Even better, Ivory’s personal cleansers are free of the complex ingredients that the fam doesn’t need and mom doesn’t want to pay extra for.
Now Ivory is turning to you, the mighty Tongal community, to make shareable videos that spread awareness about the benefits of Ivory soap products. So, roll-up your sleeves, put a little elbow grease into it and help Ivory spread the word that soap doesn’t have to be stressful or complicated!
The goal of this project is to create shareable and entertaining 30-60 second videos around one of the three Ivory products (Bar Soap, Body Wash, 2-In-1 Hair and Body) that convey both Ivory’s simplicity and effectiveness for the whole family. While it's important to incorporate one of these products and stay within this messaging don't feel like you have to create a traditional "safe" commercial. Ivory wants you to get creative in conveying their message. Please see the below spots for some examples.
• The following Volkswagen commercial finds a creative way to highlight the benefit of remote control engine start-up.
• This Axe commercial does a good job of exaggerating the scent benefit.
The Ivory products you can choose from along with a description, their respective Key Marketing Messages and Target Audiences are below.
Bar Soap: Ivory is a pure and simple body and facial cleanser for moms with teens, without the hefty price tag.
• Key Marketing Message: 99.44% Pure, Free of dyes and heavy perfumes for great looking skin. Recommended by 4 of 5 moms.
• Target Audience: Moms with teens in need of a cost effective body and facial cleanser.
Body Wash: Ivory body wash is clean and simple, with a rich, refreshing lather that rinses clean. The only thing left behind is beautiful skin.
• Key Marketing Message: No dyes or heavy perfumes: Clean & Simple. Rich, refreshing lather that rinses clean, leaving skin more smooth and hydrated than regular soap.
• Target Audience: Moms looking for a product for both herself and her young teenage daughters.
2-IN-1 Hair & Body: Ivory 2-IN-1 is a total body cleanser that simplifies the showering experience for families everywhere, saving time and shower space with a product that works for both the kids and husband.
• Key Marketing Message: Total body cleanser with dual action formula that leaves skin and hair clean and conditioned. Free of dyes and heavy perfumes.
• Target Audience: Moms with young children, seeking a cleanser that meets her kids' and husband's needs
--Tone: Ivory’s brand voice is refreshingly honest and light. It’s like a combination of a grandmother’s wise, direct statements and the raw honesty of a child. It’s simple, calm, grounded and more considered than the average brand banter. It’s friendly but never overly peppy or shallow. It can be funny, but only in its direct honesty—never in a jokey or goofy way.
--Talent Requests: The brand would look favorably upon talent that is ethnically ambiguous, like Vin Diesel or Rashida Jones.
• Ivory product should be displayed in front of the entire Ivory family at the end of each commercial, before cutting to the Ivory logo and jingle (see Assets tab).
• Videos should be family friendly
--Exposure: Ivory’s YouTube channel and Facebook page, as well as in future digital campaigns (e.g. used as pre-roll on websites such as hulu.com).
This project will be worth a total of $25,000 and consist of three phases, an Idea Phase, a Pitch Phase and a Video Phase. Be sure to read the following information carefully as well as the Official Rules.
PHASE 1: IDEA – Select one of the Ivory Products from the drop-down menu (Bar Soap, Body Wash, or 2-IN-2 Hair & Body) and tell us your Idea for an Ivory Video in 140 characters or less. Remember, an Idea (What is an Idea Phase?) is not a detailed script; it is a spark of inspiration, or a distillation of what will happen in the Video. As always, Ideas should be clever and engaging. Winning Idea creators will each receive $500 and a 5% one-time residual payment for every winning Video their Idea is used to generate. (That means if your winning Idea is the basis for the 1st place Video, you will receive $550, the 2nd place Video $275, the 3rd place Video $125 and the 4th place Video $75) – see Video Phase Payout details below.
PHASE 2: PITCH – Using text (500 characters or less), images (storyboards), video, and external links (to other supporting assets, i.e., your reel, etc.), give us your Pitch (What Is a Pitch Phase?) for how YOU would go about producing a 30-60 second video based on one of the winning Ideas. The THREE most compelling Pitches will be selected and will receive $1,000 to help create their Video. Those winners (upon submitting their Winner's Affidavit and IP Assignment) will also be GUARANTEED a winning place in the subsequent Video Phase. So, if your Pitch is selected and you submit a video during the Video Phase, you will win an additional $2,500, at a minimum, and have a chance to compete for the $11,000 first place Video prize (subject to deduction for one-time 5% residual payment). Remember your Pitch can include any, and all, of the assets mentioned above and you MUST include a link to some of your previous video work on Tongal or elsewhere to be considered for this phase. For an example of an effective pitch, check out Sean Clark’s winning Benjamin Moore “Find Your Perfect Color” Pitch. All Pitches will remain private until after the winners of the Video Phase are announced and the Project is complete. Keep in mind, if you don’t win the Pitch Phase or choose not to create a Pitch, you will still have the opportunity to create and submit a “Wild Card” Video.
PHASE 3: VIDEO – The THREE winners from the Pitch Phase will create a 30-60 second video based upon their winning Pitches, and all other creators are invited to enter a “Wild Card” (What Is a Wildcard?) submission that is not based on any winning material from the previous phases. The Judges will score all Wild Card Videos and the one (1) highest scoring Wild Card Video and the 3 winning Videos submitted by Pitch winners will be scored to determine the standings for the Video Phase. Remember, the THREE Pitch winners, along with one non-Pitch Video creator, will receive prizes.
--Video Phase Payout: Winners of the Video Phase will earn the following prizes: 1st place $11,000, 2nd place $5,500, 3rd place $2,500, 4th place $1,500 (less any 5% one-time residual payments paid to Idea winners, as applicable).
--Music: Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing and technology company representing more than 2,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. This is not "stock" music. It is an inventory of more than 40,000 original, culturally relevant songs and music that have been compiled into a premium roster. Audiosocket's music will be available to Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Tongal members' submissions to this Project. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket roster, available by clicking on the "Audiosocket" button on the right hand side of this page. If you are interested in using a track from the Audiosocket roster, as described above, just add the track(s) you want to use to your cart using the "+cart" button, then click the "checkout" button. Enter the Tongal project name and click the "purchase and download" button to acquire the track for free ($0.00). Lastly, click the "download track" button, which will initiate the music file download. You may only use THREE Audiosocket tracks maximum as part of your video submission.
1. Videos MUST not exceed 60 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Any use of an Audiosocket track obtained through Tongal in connection with the Ivory Project that is outside of such Tongal member's submission to such project is strictly prohibited.
4. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
5. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Ivory.
6. Submissions must not portray Ivory in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Ivory.
7. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
8. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
9. You must be at least thirteen (13) years or older to enter.
10. Minimum 30 Pitches, or the contest may repost for fourteen (14) days at the sponsor's discretion.
11. Sponsor will be entitled to one reasonable round of revisions on the finished videos without providing additional compensation. Remember it's easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
12. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files, editing sequence and an uncompressed quicktime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to claim their prize.
13. BY SUBMITTING A VIDEO ENTRY, YOUR SUBMISSION IMMEDIATELY BECOMES SOLELY THE PROPERTY OF TONGAL – SEE OFFICIAL RULES FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES. YOU MAY NOT PUBLICLY SHARE OR PUBLISH YOUR SUBMISSION IN ANY MANNER AND YOU MAY NOT POST OR UPLOAD YOUR SUBMISSION TO ANY WEB SITE OR VIDEO HOSTING SITE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE OR VIMEO), WITHOUT THE PRIOR EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF TONGAL. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS REQUIREMENT MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR ENTRY IN THE PROJECT.
14. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.
Videos : 1
Videos : 1