Everyone knows that duct tape is a creative solution to almost any problem, whether it’s repairing a rip in your air mattress or waterproofing your shoes. What you may not know is that Duck Tape® brand duct tape now offers a wide variety of colors and prints, making it not only functional, but also attractive. From crafts like wallets, roses, and even prom dresses, Duck Tape® is both America’s favorite fix-all and a new medium to express your individuality.
Duck Tape® wants you to express your ingenuity and creativity by producing 30-90 second made-for-the-web videos that generate excitement and buzz about traditional silver, color and printed Duck Tape®. You can “stick” with traditional utilitarian uses, spotlight their broad array of colors and prints, or go wild and show us something no one's ever seen before. Just be sure to keep it fun and creative.
This project will be worth a total of $10,000 and consist of two phases, so there’s a place for all of you to contribute regardless of your skill set.
PHASE 1: CONCEPT – In 250 characters or less, tell us your concept for the video. Remember, a concept is not a detailed script, it is a brief synopsis or distillation of what will happen in the video. As always, concepts should be clever, engaging and fun. Finally, winning concepts will receive a 5% residual payment of every winning video they are used to generate. Limit five (5) submissions, per member.
PHASE 2: VIDEO – Select one of the 5 winning Concepts from Phase 1 and make a 30-90 second Video for Duck Tape® based on it. Think of the concept as the central thesis that you should build your video around. Alternatively, you may choose to enter a “Wild Card” submission not based on any winning Concepts from the previous phase. Obviously, this is a riskier enterprise, as the Project Judges will not have vetted any of base material. However, if you’ve got a wholly original take that you think will knock the Judges socks off, give it a shot! As always, creativity and originality are king so make it interesting and have some fun with it. Limit five (5) submissions, per member.
--Target Audience: 14 - 24 male/female
--Music: MusicRevolution.com, an online marketplace for royalty-free production music, is making professional tracks available to Tongal members at no charge for a limited use comp license for their submissions to the Stuck on Duck™ Video Project. MusicRevolution has preselected tracks specifically for the Project available via download link in the Excel spreadsheet on the Project Files section of this page. Tongal members are being provided with a royalty-free license at no charge or obligation, limited for use only in connection with a submission to the Stuck on Duck™ Video Project on Tongal. Before downloading a MusicRevolution track, please read the License Agreement. Any use of a MusicRevolution track in connection with a submission will be subject to the terms of such License Agreement. Use of any MusicRevolution track outside of Tongal is strictly prohibited. Beyond the preselected tracks, Tongal members are encouraged to browse the entire MusicRevolution catalog available here (https://www.musicrevolution.com/). If interested in using a track from the MusicRevolution library that has not been preselected, solely for use in the Stuck on Duck™ Video Project on Tongal, please email email@example.com for a download link to a specific track.
1. Videos must not exceed ninety (90) seconds in length. Preferred format is 1280 x 720 HD, 24fps. Acceptable formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, and .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264, MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, and DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Videos must mention the Duck Tape® brand name a minimum of two (2) times. Also, you must show the Duck Tape® logo at least one (2) times and for a minimum of two (2) seconds total on screen. One of those times should be the end title/frames of the video. You can choose from any of the logos provided on the PROJECT FILES page.
4. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
5. Videos cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Duck Tape®.
6. Videos must not portray Duck Tape® in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Duck Tape®.
7. Content must be in the English language or subtitled.
8. Limit five (5) submission(s) per member, per phase.
9. You must be at least 13 years of age to enter.
10. Minimum fifty (50) Videos or the contest will repost for fourteen (14) days.
11. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.