Something’s up. (Most definitely: up.)
If you’ve been with us from the beginning – or even for a few months, you’ve probably noticed it: Lots of projects. Lots of incredible submissions. Amazing winners that come in all shapes and sizes and from everywhere. Big brand names, big ideas, jaw-dropping creative executions.
Together we’ve tied ties for vineyard vines, told the world about Kiva, made a Tron stop-motion video to bring Duck Tape to life, brought inspiration to Pringles flavors, and BLEW AWAY the folks at LEGO with cinematic, breath-taking, stop-motion videos. (To name just a few….)
And it seems that the BIG IDEA at Tongal is getting out. Our mission to connect the world's creativity with the world's most progressive companies has caught fire. Tongal is a power grid of creativity that’s encouraged even our boldest clients to expect the unexpected. And because success breeds success, the opportunities to have fun, co-create and work at something we all love keep presenting themselves.
That’s why we think NOW is exactly the right time to fan the flames, and tell the WHOLE world about what we’re doing here at Tongal.
Yep -- it’s time for Tongal to get Tongaled.
You know we’re not shy – but with a story this good, we wouldn’t trust it to anyone but you. After all, why mess with success?
The goal of this project is to create a video that tells the Tongal story, and points to a future where the Tongal network takes on even greater challenges.
Your work can take (and we want to see) many forms – viral, personal, informational, super slick Nike style advertising…you name it. You can do it with LEGOs or cats, or LEGO cats. Sky’s the limit…well, technically, it’s not a limit either. You get the idea…
We absolutely want your original and pure ideas. But we wanted to suggest four themes you might consider as inspiration:
1) The consistently outstanding and often mind blowing work that is being created—by YOU. From our POV, the surface has only been scratched.
2) Our unique process and network, that capitalizes on diversity and results in the outstanding creative work—giving our clients the ability to find the best ideas, from anyone, anywhere, and bring them to life. We think it’s magic.
3) Surprise. Of course, the best, most inspiring work…the work that’s going to really light a fire for Tongal, will all have one more thing in common—it will be UNEXPECTED. For example – who would have thought that combining Duck Tape and Tron Guy would “go perfectly together” and be a “nerdy delight” as described in AdWeek and Wired. The UNEXPECTED is what Tongal does better than anybody, don’t you think?
4) And last, but not least: Tongal gets results. Businesses who are forward-thinking and progressive enough to use Tongal are quickly finding out that it’s giving them a competitive advantage.
--Target Audience: Everyone… and their mother.
--Exposure: To infinity, and beyond!
This project will be worth a total of $25,000 and consist of three phases. Also, this tournament style process will progress differently from previous projects, so be sure to read the following information carefully.
PHASE 1: IDEA – Tell us your Idea for an awesome video in 140 characters or less. Remember, an Idea is not a detailed script; it is a moment of inspiration, or a tweet-sized distillation of what will happen in the Video. As always, Ideas should be clever, engaging, and fun. Winning Idea creators will each receive $500 and a 5% residual payment for every winning video their Idea is used to generate.
PHASE 2: PITCH – Using text (500 characters or less), images (storyboards), video, and external links (to other supporting assets, i.e., your reel, etc.), give us your Pitch for how YOU would go about producing this Video based on one of the winning Ideas. The SIX most compelling Pitches will be selected and will receive a $1,000 production advance to help create their Video. Those winners (upon submitting their Winner's Affidavit and IP Assignment) will also be GUARANTEED to place in the subsequent Video Phase. So, if your Pitch is selected, you will earn a minimum of $2,500 with a 1-in-7 shot at the $10,000 first place video prize. Remember your Pitch can include any, and all, of the assets mentioned above, but you MUST include a link to some of your previous video work on Tongal or elsewhere to be considered for this phase. To avoid information cascades, all Pitches will remain private until after the video winners of the subsequent phase are announced. Alternatively, even if you don’t win the Pitch Phase or choose not to create a pitch, you will still have the opportunity to create a “Wild Card” Video completely of your own creative devices in the subsequent Video Phase.
PHASE 3: VIDEO – Winning Pitch creators from the previous phase will utilize their $1,000 advance to create their video based upon their winning materials and all other creators are invited to enter a “Wild Card” submission that’s not based on any winning material from the previous phases. Remember, the SIX Pitch winners are GUARANTEED prizes, as is ONE of the non-pitch video creators.
--Music: Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing and technology company representing more than 2,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. This is not "stock" music. It is an inventory of more than 40,000 original, culturally relevant songs and music that have been compiled into a premium roster. Audiosocket's music will be available to Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Tongal members' submissions to the Tongal Project. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket roster, available by clicking on the "Audiosocket" button on the right hand side of this page. If you are interested in using a track from the Audiosocket roster, as described above, just add the track(s) you want to use to your cart using the "+cart" button, then click the "checkout" button. Enter the Tongal project name and click the "purchase and download" button to acquire the track for free ($0.00). Lastly, click the "download track" button, which will initiate the music file download.
1. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Any use of an Audiosocket track obtained through Tongal in connection with the Tongal Project that is outside of such Tongal member's submission to such project is strictly prohibited.
4. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
5. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Tongal.
6. Submissions must not portray Tongal in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Tongal.
7. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
8. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
9. You must be at least thirteen (13) years or older to enter.
10. Minimum 50 Pitches, or the contest may repost for fourteen (14) days at the sponsor's discretion.
11. Sponsor will be entitled to one reasonable round of revisions on the finished videos without providing additional compensation. Remember it's easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
12. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files, editing sequence and an uncompressed quicktime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to claim their prize.
13. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.