The turkey’s in the oven. The big parade’s on the TV. And the smell of freshly cooked latkes is wafting from the kitchen. That can only mean one thing: Thanksgivukah is finally here! That special time when families gather around the warm glow of the menorah to give thanks as they nosh on pumpkin pie. That delightful day when old friends settle down to watch football after a lively game of spin the dreidel.
You know! Thanksgivukah? This year, Thanksgiving falls on the first day of Chanukah: Thanksgiving + Chanukah = Thanksgivukah. It’s a rare treat – the holidays won’t align like this for another 77,000 years, oy! It’s like some kind of Judeo Halley’s Comet. So don’t miss this chance to celebrate! Kick back with some kugel and stuffing while the President makes a spiel about pardoning the turkey. This November 28th is all about good friends, loving family and great food.
So when you’ve got the whole mishpocha over, be a mensch and treat them to a delicious kosher meal, brought to you by Manischewitz – the official sponsor of Thanksgivukah! For over 100 years, Manischewitz has been cooking up delicious kosher food - they’re the largest baker of matzo in the entire world. They’ve created this amazing new holiday to bring families and friends together for some great memories and some tasty food.
Thanksgivukah is a once in a lifetime event and Manischewitz wants to make sure no one misses it. They need you to get the word out and let folks know there’s a new holiday in town. They want your fun and hilarious videos to show people what Thanksgivukah is all about.
The goal of this project is to create a 30-90 second video that introduces people to Thanksgivukah. The video can feature Manischewitz products but its main purpose is to spread awareness of Thanksgivukah. It should feel less like an advertisement and more like a funny video you’d forward to your friends.
The sponsor will provide a bumper for the end of your video stating that Manischewitz is the official sponsor of Thanksgivukah. You may mention Manischewitz in your video but it is by no means required.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Manischewitz is a manufacturer of kosher food products, they do not make wine – that is actually a separate company. So please do not make reference to Manischewitz Wine in your Idea/Video.
--Key Marketing Messages: Thanksgiving + Chanukah = Thanksgivukah. It’s a once in a lifetime event – this is what happens when Thanksgiving and Chanukah fall on the same day. It’s a fun “holiday” celebrating good food, friends and family.
--Target Audience: American Men/Women 25+ (but skewed toward women). Focusing on the Jewish community but also foodies and those who cook at home.
--Tone: Humorous, fun, surreal. Think Woody Allen meets Norman Rockwell. It’s ok to be edgy but make sure it’s not offensive.
• Show that Thanksgivukah is a mashup of both Chanukah and Thanksgiving. Be sure to feature elements from each holiday. Reference how rare Thanksgivukah is (it won’t happen again for another 77,000 years!)
• Avoid Native American and Puritan/Pilgrim imagery. The video should focus on Thanksgivukah as it is “celebrated” in modern times.
• Use good taste. A Jewish sense of humor is encouraged but do not cast the Jewish people, customs or religion in a negative light.
• If your video features animals, please refer to the following list of kosher animals: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosher_animals
• Do not mention Manischewitz Wine.
• Don’t make fun of Manischewitz products or the names of kosher foods.
--Exposure: Manischewitz’s Thanksgivukah site, Youtube, Facebook and other social media platforms.
This project will be worth a total of $10,000 and consists of two phases: an Idea Phase and a Video Phase (that's right, there's no Pitch phase). Be sure to read the following information carefully as well as the Official Rules.
PHASE 1: IDEA – Tell us your Idea for a video to celebrate Thanksgivukah in 140 characters or less. Remember, an Idea (What is an Idea Phase?) is not a detailed script; it is a spark of inspiration, or a distillation of what will happen in the Video. As always, Ideas should be clever and engaging. The winning Idea creators will receive $250 each and a 5% one-time residual payment for the winning Video their Idea is used to generate. (That means if your winning Idea is the basis for the 1st place Video, you will receive $300, the 2nd place Video $150 – see Video Phase Payout details below.)
PHASE 2: VIDEO – Create a 30-90 second Video based on one of the winning Ideas. The Judges will score all the Videos submitted to determine the standings for the Video Phase.
--Video Phase Payout: Winners of the Video Phase will earn the following prizes: 1st place $6,000 and 2nd place $3,000 (less any 5% one-time residual payments paid to Idea winners, as applicable).
--Music: Killer Tracks is a leading provider of production music for use in film, television, advertising and interactive media. Killer Tracks’ music will be available to registered Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into official Submissions to this Project. No other use is permitted. You may only use up to THREE Killer Tracks maximum as part of your video Submission.
To use the Killer Tracks site, click HERE (killertracks.com) or on the "Killer Tracks" button on the right hand side of this page. On their homepage, click the red login tab in the upper right-hand corner and enter the following credentials:
Click login. We encourage you to use the “Themed Playlist” tab for exploring the catalog as it provides pre-curated song choices based on several popular themes. Alternately, use the "Search" tab to enter your own criteria. To watch a quick tutorial video on how to use the website, click HERE: (http://killertracks.com/tutorial).
Once you’ve identified the song(s) you want to use, click the down arrow under the Actions column to the right of the song title/description. This will open a Download Manager window, allowing you to save the file to the location of your choice. Keep track of the CD#, Track #, Track Title and Composer(s) of the songs you end up using in the video, as you will need to provide that info once you turn in the final edit. Getting the right track can really help sell your video, so make it killer!
1. Videos MUST NOT exceed 90 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
4. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Manischewitz.
5. You will be judged on how well you satisfy the factors contained in the Project Objectives pages, in the judges' sole discretion.
6. Submissions must not portray Manischewitz in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Manischewitz.
7. Videos must be in the English language.
8. Limit 5 submission(s) per member.
9. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOUR SUBMISSION IMMEDIATELY BECOMES SOLELY THE PROPERTY OF TONGAL – SEE OFFICIAL RULES FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES. YOU MAY NOT PUBLICLY SHARE OR PUBLISH YOUR SUBMISSION IN ANY MANNER AND YOU MAY NOT POST OR UPLOAD YOUR SUBMISSION TO ANY WEB SITE OR HOSTING SITE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE OR VIMEO), WITHOUT THE PRIOR EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF TONGAL. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS REQUIREMENT MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR ENTRY IN THE PROJECT.
10. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files, editing sequence and an uncompressed quicktime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at 1920x1080 to claim their prize.
11. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.