HOT WHEELS® SpinShotz™ toy discs and track sets are a brand new product line; think Classic HOT WHEELS® toy vehicles and track sets, but instead of cars, it’s super stylized wheel-shaped discs and instead of the classic orange track, it’s now a high-speed rail system, called Magna Grips®. This all translates to the fact that SpinShotz™ toy discs and track sets deliver extreme speed and crazy stunts that your normal HOT WHEELS® cars and track can only dream of doing. With a variety of discs to choose from, boys can crank them up, race in a high-speed chase, and set up a skate-park style obstacle course.
Now is your shot to grab the bull by the horns and make HOT WHEELS® SpinShotz™ toy discs and track sets do things in real life that would make Gold-Medalist Shaun White and the Z-Boys of Dogtown drool. Because like Evel Knievel jumping over 19 cars or Tom Cruise scaling the tallest building in Dubai, we know you’re not about to let some other chump do your stunts.
So, in an ode to the unforgettable Jordan vs. Bird commercial from the 90’s or more recently, these guys, we challenge your SpinShotz™ toy discs and track sets to bounce off, fly over, and spin under everything and anything imaginable. Go ahead, take a shot... You can always fix it in post ;)
The goal of this project is to create an awesome 30 second stunt video that shows all of the fun and exciting ways that boys can play with HOT WHEELS® SpinShotz™ toy discs and track sets. Leverage household items and let your imagination run wild. Make your own tips & tricks video, construct a skate park obstacle course, and come up with brand new ways to play.
These videos should be Shareable with a capital “S.” We want boys to get stoked because they can’t believe all the wild and crazy things you’ve made your SpinShotz™ toy discs and track sets do!
More importantly, you’re getting a sneak peak at a brand new product line, as SpinShotz™ toy discs and track sets are not even in the market yet! Get ready, because if you win a Pitch, we’ll send a plethora of SpinShotz™ product sets right to your door, including --
• SpinShotz™ Starter Set – This set comes with a launcher, a disc and a modular track that can connect to any other SpinShotz™ track in the line.
• SpinShotz™ Track Set Assortment – With it’s unique stunt feature and payoff, these sets can engage boys to play alone or engage their friends in an ultimate head-to-head stunning competition.
• SpinShotz™ Hyper Speed Set – This set takes SpinShotz™ toys to the next level! With over 7 feet of modular track, you can send your disks all the way down the track to enter the Spin Zone, or you can use the diverter and go for a shorter run while trying to out stunt your friends.
--Key Marketing Messages:
• Action (crashing, racing, etc.)
• Competition (going head to head with friends)
• Variety (visual variety of different discs with different colors)
• Collecting (why different discs are needed to do cooler stunts)
--Tone: Friendly competition, fun, exciting, and thrilling.
--Target Audience: Boys 4-8 (although the actors in your video can be up to age 12). Content should be both kid and mom-friendly and settings should be “happy” places that mom would approve of.
--Exposure: As part of the HOT WHEELS® SpinShotz™ digital campaign (Facebook, YouTube, brand page, etc).
This project will be worth a total of $25,000 and consist of two phases, a Pitch Phase and a Video Phase. Be sure to read the following information carefully as well as the Official Rules.
PHASE 1: PITCH – Using text (500 characters or less), images (storyboards), video, and external links (to other supporting assets, i.e., your reel, etc.), give us your Pitch (What Is a Pitch Phase?) for how YOU would go about producing a 30 second video based on the Project Objective. The FIVE most compelling Pitches will be selected and the Pitch Phase winners will receive $500 (+ SpinShotz™ product sets) to help create their Video. Those winners (upon submitting their Winner's Affidavit and IP Assignment) will also be GUARANTEED a winning place in the subsequent Video Phase. So, if your Pitch is selected and you submit a video during the Video Phase, you will win an additional $1,000, at a minimum, and have a chance to compete for the $11,000 first place Video prize (subject to deduction for one-time 5% residual payment). Remember your Pitch can include any, and all, of the assets mentioned above and you MUST include a link to some of your previous video work on Tongal or elsewhere to be considered for this phase. For an example of an effective pitch, check out Sean Clark’s winning Benjamin Moore “Find Your Perfect Color” Pitch. All Pitches will remain private until after the winners of the Video Phase are announced and the Project is complete.
PHASE 2: VIDEO – The FIVE winners from the Pitch Phase will create a 30 second video based upon their winning Pitches. The 5 winning Videos submitted by Pitch winners will be scored to determine the standings for the Video Phase. Remember, the FIVE Pitch winners will receive prizes in the Video Phase.
--Video Phase Payout: Winners of the Video Phase will earn the following prizes: 1st place $11,000, 2nd place $5,500, 3rd place $3,000, 4th place $2,000, 5th place $1,000 (less any 5% one-time residual payments paid to Idea winners, as applicable).
--Music: Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing and technology company representing more than 2,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. This is not "stock" music. It is an inventory of more than 40,000 original, culturally relevant songs and music that have been compiled into a premium roster. Audiosocket's music will be available to Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Tongal members' submissions to this Project. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket roster, available by clicking on the "Audiosocket" button on the right hand side of this page. If you are interested in using a track from the Audiosocket roster, as described above, just add the track(s) you want to use to your cart using the "+cart" button, then click the "checkout" button. Enter the Tongal project name and click the "purchase and download" button to acquire the track for free ($0.00). Lastly, click the "download track" button, which will initiate the music file download. You may only use THREE Audiosocket tracks maximum as part of your video submission.
1. This Contest is open only to Members that reside in the United States and its territories.
2. Videos MUST not exceed :30 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
3. Except as permitted by item 4, your submission must be wholly original to you and never submitted to any other party or contest.
4. Your submission must be created without the use of: (i) any property, materials, or rights of any third party, unless you have the necessary rights, permissions or authorizations to use such property, materials, or rights (in writing through your use of the Tongal-provided clearance forms [Click to link where forms are available]); or (ii) any other person’s contributions, unless you have such person’s written permission (in writing through your use of the Tongal-provided clearance forms [Click to link where forms are available]). You shall provide detailed information of your submission or any part thereof regarding the source, the creator and background information upon request by Tongal.
5. Your video must include HOT WHEELS® SpinShotz™ products. Accordingly, you may use Sponsor’s materials expressly permitted on the Project Details Page.
6. If you incorporate music into your submission, you are permitted to use only your original music or Tongal-licensed music that is specifically made available to you for your use in your submission.
7. Please use your best judgment given the products you are depicting. Location should be safe (not in the street, off balconies, by pools, garages, etc.), the materials used should be safe (no blowtorches, sharp objects, etc.), and any persons shown are acting in a safe and legal manner (e.g. no "jackass" type stunts).
8. Submissions must not portray the Sponsor or the HOT WHEELS® brand in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Sponsor and the Judges.
9. Submissions must keep the maturity of the intended audience in mind; show responsible and courageous treatment of serious issues; respect diversity, difference and cultures; not condone or encourage unsafe, unhealthy, reckless or illegal acts; portray adult language and situations with extreme care; not glamorize or condone gratuitous violence. The determination of the forgoing is solely at the discretion of Sponsor and the Judges.
10. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
11. Limit 5 submission(s) per Member, per phase.
12. Minimum 50 Pitches, or the contest will repost for 14 days.
13. Sponsor is entitled to request one reasonable round of revisions of the winning videos without providing additional compensation to the winning Members. The revisions will not factor into the selection or standing of the winning submissions. Remember it's easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
14. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning Video Phase Members MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files, editing sequence and an uncompressed QuickTime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to claim your prize.
15. You cannot enter a submission if you currently work or have ever worked for a toy company.
16. You cannot enter a submission if you currently work for, or have other obligations to, a party that would have any ownership or other interest in the submission or your submission would violate any rights of that party or would be contrary to any of your obligations to that party.
17. You understand that your submission is not being submitted to Sponsor in confidence or in trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and Sponsor by submission of your entry. Your submission will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Sponsor finds that many submissions that it receives, including those from professionals, are already in the public domain; or are identical or substantially similar to products developed or in development by Sponsor’s own staff; or, for a host of many other reasons, are not novel or unique. You acknowledge and agree that Sponsor’s use of other material containing elements similar to or identical with those contained in your submission will not obligate Sponsor to negotiate with you or entitle you to any compensation and Sponsor will not be liable to you in any way.
19. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these Requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these Requirements shall prevail.