Hold on to your Duck Tape® hats, wallets and flip-flops, because the Duck is back and doubling down.
Duck brand’s first flight (sorry, we had to) on Tongal was pretty epic. Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you undoubtedly have seen this viral bit of stop motion magic and it only takes one click to get that auto-tuned “All you need is Duck Tape” jam stuck in your head for weeks. Duck brand is back and looking for something with just as much creativity, pop and pizzazz crammed into 30 short seconds (actually, :28 including the bumper).
Your mission is to convey the idea that Duck Tape® enables creative expression and individuality by customizing, decorating, repairing and crafting.
The goal of this project is to create a fun 30-second broadcast TV ready video to generate excitement and buzz around Duck Tape® brand duct tape and build awareness for the broad array of Duck Tape® colors and prints.
--Target Audience: 14 - 24 year old males & females.
--Key Marketing Messages: Duck Tape® is a creative solution to almost any problem. Through a wide variety of colors and prints, it can be used as a craft medium for everything from wallets to prom dresses. Duck Tape® helps you express your ingenuity, creativity and individuality.
--Exposure: Duck® brand YouTube channel, duckbrand.com website, Duck Tape® Facebook page, Duck® brand Pinterest page, potentially TV ad pending creative review.
This project will be worth a total of $25,000 and consist of two phases, a Pitch Phase and a Video Phase. Be sure to read the following information carefully.
PHASE 1: PITCH – Using text (500 characters or less), images (storyboards), video, and external links (to other supporting assets, i.e., your reel, etc.), give us your Pitch for how YOU would go about producing a 30 second video based on the project objective. The THREE most compelling Pitches will be selected and will receive a $1,000 production advance to help create their Video. Those winners (upon submitting their Winner's Affidavit and IP Assignment) will also be GUARANTEED to place in the subsequent Video Phase. So, if your Pitch is selected, you will earn a minimum of $2,000 with a 1-in-6 shot at the $10,000 first place video prize. Remember your Pitch can include any, and all, of the assets mentioned above, but you MUST include a link to some of your previous video work on Tongal or elsewhere to be considered for this phase. To avoid information cascades, all Pitches will remain private until after the video winners of the subsequent phase are announced. Alternatively, even if you don’t win the Pitch Phase or choose not to create a pitch, you will still have the opportunity to create a “Wild Card” Video completely of your own creative devices in the subsequent Phase.
PHASE 2: VIDEO – Winning Pitch creators from the previous phase will utilize their $1,000 advance to create a 30 second video based upon their winning materials and all other creators are invited to enter a “Wild Card” submission. Remember, the THREE Pitch winners are GUARANTEED cash prizes as are THREE of the “Wild Card” creators.
--Music: Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing and technology company representing more than 2,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. This is not "stock" music. It is an inventory of more than 40,000 original, culturally relevant songs and music that have been compiled into a premium roster. Audiosocket's music will be available to Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Tongal members' submissions to the Duck Project. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket roster, available by clicking on the "Audiosocket" button on the right hand side of this page. If you are interested in using a track from the Audiosocket roster, as described above, just add the track(s) you want to use to your cart using the "+cart" button, then click the "checkout" button. Enter the Tongal project name and click the "purchase and download" button to acquire the track for free ($0.00). Lastly, click the "download track" button, which will initiate the music file download. You may only use THREE Audiosocket tracks maximum as part of your video submission.
1. Videos MUST not exceed 30 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Videos MUST mention the Duck® brand a minimum of 2 times.
4. Videos MUST feature Duck® brand duct tape a minimum of 3 separate times.
5. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
6. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of ShurTech Brands.
7. Submissions must not portray Duck® brand duct tape printed packaging tape in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with ShurTech Brands.
8. Submissions MUST NOT: show any other brand of packaging tape, show Duck® brand duct tape printed packaging tape being used in a prank or dangerous activity, show Duck® brand duct tape printed packaging tape being used on people or animals, show Duck® brand duct tape being used to close a person’s mouth or restrain them.
9. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
10. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
11. Minimum 50 Pitches, or the contest will repost for 14 days.
12. Sponsor will be entitled to one reasonable round of revisions on the finished videos without providing additional compensation. Remember it's easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
13. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files, editing sequence and an uncompressed quicktime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to claim their prize.
15. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.