Unless you live on former-planet Pluto, you’ve probably been blessed with the extraordinary experience that is a Pringles crisp bursting with flavor in your mouth. You also probably realize that, as global brands go, Pringles delivers flavor to the four corners of the world. What you may not realize is that there are flavors of Pringles that are only available in certain markets—and, that they are capital A, Awesome. Imagine, if you will, a boss, limited edition, geo-specific super snack…something that Pringle-heads would no doubt pay top dollar for on eBay.
Just to make us swoon, Pringles has launched a major flavor upgrade in Asia with Salt & Seaweed, AND Hot & Spicy. While at first glance, these new flavors might have your generic Western palate confused, let us be the first to clue you in that, like an obscure 80’s glam metal act, they’re huge in Asia…and you had no idea!
Combine these new flavor dynamos with the popular classics: Sour Cream & Onion, Cheddar Cheese, BBQ, and Original, and Asian fans of Pringles are staring at a true tour de force of flavor!
We’re ready for you to blow people’s minds with the irresistible taste experience of Pringles. That’s right, Pringles is looking to YOU to bring some “flavor” to these flavors—with some truly inspired and original videos.
Choose one of the 6 provided flavors and create a 60-90 second video that embraces the spirit of that flavor. The best Videos will have viral/breakout potential, and illuminate, and celebrate the flavor you’ve chosen in a fun, original and unforgettable way.
The 6 flavors you can pick from are as follows:
- Salt & Seaweed
- Hot & Spicy
- Sour Cream & Onion
- Cheddar Cheese
Note: Videos may be featured globally, so they will need to feel culturally “global” and resonate with an international audience. (For example, Korea, Taiwan, Australia, Japan, Thailand.)
Go for it and utilize traditional film, animation, CGI, stop motion or any mixed media you choose! There are no limits, as long as it makes for the most visual storytelling approach to depict your flavor. Here are some thought-starters:
- Get inspired by how Pringles inevitably spark brighter days.
- Incorporate a playful character.
- Meditate on the signature red color.
- Marinate on the double saddle shape of Pringles crisps.
- Reflect on the internationally recognizable shape of the can.
--Key Marketing Message: Pringles are bursting with flavor.
--Tone: Humorous, unexpected, quirky, original and authentic.
--Target Audience: Age 16+
--Executional Mandatories: Glorify the Pringles double saddle crisp shape & variety of flavors. Stick to brand guidelines, as listed below:
• Handling of Mr P: He is a logo, not a living mascot. He can be used in a static fashion but not as a living character.
• Crisps: The crisps can be actual photography or illustrations. Their most defining visual characteristic is their fun hyperbolic parabloid shape (also known as the double saddle). They are fair game in play (duckbill, etc) with people or without people. They can be used within scenes or as flying objects forming shapes and patterns.
• The eating of Crisps: Pringles should be enjoyed in a social, fun setting, not solo. Also, like most things Pringles are best enjoyed in moderation. They should not be eaten in a giant stack and or beyond a serving size.
• Color: Pringles Signature color is red, but Pringles cans are available in a wide spectrum of colors. The two other most popular colors/flavors are Green for Sour Cream and Onion or Yellow/Orange for Cheddar Cheese.
• Tonality: Pringles are high energy, fun and playful. Think: Ellen DeGeneres on her show.
• Key Brand Attribute: Irresistible Taste Experience. Eating a Pringle is different from a eating a regular chip. There is an experience people associate with the unique can and crisp. Everyone has their own way of popping the seal, pulling a stack, and snacking on a few. Nothing else is like a Pringle.
• Brand font: Amasis Black
• Key Historical references: Music and Energy. Historically, Pringles advertising has brought the brand and the eating experience to life through song and movement (with catchy lines like “once you pop you can’t stop”). That line has been retired (so please do not use it), but the irresistible experience remains true. There is something magnetic, shareable and fun about eating Pringles.
--Exposure: Pringles Facebook page, Pringles YouTube page, Pringles website, blogs, & mobile.
This project will be worth a total of $35,000 and consist of three phases, an Idea Phase, a Pitch Phase and a Video Phase. Be sure to read the following information carefully as well as the Official Rules.
PHASE 1: IDEA – Select one of the six provided flavors (Salt & Seaweed, Hot & Spicy, Sour Cream & Onion, Cheddar Cheese, BBQ or Original) and tell us your Idea for a Pringles Video in 140 characters or less. Remember, an Idea (What is an Idea Phase?) is not a detailed script; it is a spark of inspiration, or a distillation of what will happen in the Video. As always, Ideas should be clever and engaging. Winning Idea creators will each receive $250 and a 5% one-time residual payment for every winning Video their Idea is used to generate. (That means if your winning Idea is the basis for the 1st place Video, you will receive $600, the 2nd place Video $300, the 3rd place Video $200, the 4th place Video $150, the 5th place Video $100, the 6th place video $75, the 7th place video $50, and the 8th place video $50) – see Video Phase Payout details below.
PHASE 2: PITCH – Using text (500 characters or less), images (storyboards), video, and external links (to other supporting assets, i.e., your reel, etc.), give us your Pitch (What Is a Pitch Phase?) for how YOU would go about producing a 60-90 second video based on one of the winning Ideas. The SIX most compelling Pitches will be selected and will receive $500 to help create their Video. Those winners (upon submitting their Winner's Affidavit and IP Assignment) will also be GUARANTEED a winning place in the subsequent Video Phase. So, if your Pitch is selected and you submit a video during the Video Phase, you will win an additional $1,000, at a minimum, and have a chance to compete for the $12,000 first place Video prize (subject to deduction for one-time 5% residual payment). Remember your Pitch can include any, and all, of the assets mentioned above and you MUST include a link to some of your previous video work on Tongal or elsewhere to be considered for this phase. For an example of an effective pitch, check out Noah Kloor's winning Nespresso PitchAll Pitches will remain private until after the winners of the Video Phase are announced and the Project is complete. Keep in mind, if you don’t win the Pitch Phase or choose not to create a Pitch, you will still have the opportunity to create and submit a “Wild Card” Video.
PHASE 3: VIDEO – The SIX winners from the Pitch Phase will create a 60-90 second video based upon their winning Pitches, and all other creators are invited to enter a “Wild Card” (What Is a Wildcard?) submission that is not based on any winning material from the previous phases. The Judges will score all Wild Card Videos and the two (2) highest scoring Wild Card Videos and the 6 winning Videos submitted by Pitch winners will be scored to determine the standings for the Video Phase. Remember, the SIX Pitch winners, along with TWO non-Pitch Video creators, will receive prizes.
--Video Phase Payout: Winners of the Video Phase will earn the following prizes: 1st place $12,000, 2nd place $6,000, 3rd place $4,000, 4th place $3,000, 5th place $2,000, 6th place $1,500, 7th place $1,000, 8th place $1,000 (less any 5% one-time residual payments paid to Idea winners, as applicable).
--Music: Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing and technology company representing more than 2,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. This is not "stock" music. It is an inventory of more than 40,000 original, culturally relevant songs and music that have been compiled into a premium roster. Audiosocket's music will be available to Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Tongal members' submissions to this Project. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket roster, available by clicking on the "Audiosocket" button on the right hand side of this page. If you are interested in using a track from the Audiosocket roster, as described above, just add the track(s) you want to use to your cart using the "+cart" button, then click the "checkout" button. Enter the Tongal project name and click the "purchase and download" button to acquire the track for free ($0.00). Lastly, click the "download track" button, which will initiate the music file download. You may only use THREE Audiosocket tracks maximum as part of your video submission.
1. Videos MUST be between 60 and 90 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Any use of an Audiosocket track obtained through Tongal in connection with the Pringles Project that is outside of such Tongal member's submission to such project is strictly prohibited.
4. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
5. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Pringles.
6. Submissions must not portray Pringles in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Pringles.
7. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
8. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
9. You must be at least thirteen (13) years or older to enter.
10. Minimum 50 Pitches, or the contest may repost for fourteen (14) days at the sponsor's discretion.
11. Sponsor will be entitled to one reasonable round of revisions on the finished videos without providing additional compensation. Remember it's easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
12. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files, editing sequence and an uncompressed quicktime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to claim their prize.
13. BY SUBMITTING A VIDEO ENTRY, YOUR SUBMISSION IMMEDIATELY BECOMES SOLELY THE PROPERTY OF TONGAL – SEE OFFICIAL RULES FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES. YOU MAY NOT PUBLICLY SHARE OR PUBLISH YOUR SUBMISSION IN ANY MANNER AND YOU MAY NOT POST OR UPLOAD YOUR SUBMISSION TO ANY WEB SITE OR VIDEO HOSTING SITE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE OR VIMEO), WITHOUT THE PRIOR EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF TONGAL. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS REQUIREMENT MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR ENTRY IN THE PROJECT.
14. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.
|Pringles Flavor|| |
Salt & Seaweed
Videos : 2
|Pringles Flavor|| |
Videos : 1
|Pringles Flavor|| |
Sour Cream & Onion
Videos : 1
|Pringles Flavor|| |
Videos : 1
|Pringles Flavor|| |
Videos : 2