You know that friend who is up for anything at the drop of a hat, and always makes whatever you’re doing 100% more fun? Whether it’s going to a concert or the beach, throwing a party or just kicking back, you undoubtedly know the right person to call…
Well, if you’re 6 years old, that friend is Polly Pocket™! She’s an everyday girl, who loves fun, friends and adventure--and now, she’s out of your pocket and ready to transform an ordinary afternoon into an extraordinary, unforgettable experience beyond your wildest dreams!
Turn a regular Saturday night slumber party into a spectacular Safari adventure complete with rainbow colored animals and pajamas made of glitter! Play with how a day at the playground can become a rollercoaster ride around the Eiffel Tower, thanks to Polly’s magic touch! Just add Polly to your childlike imagination and the possibilities are endless!
You must feature the Polly Pocket WALL PARTY play sets in your video.
The goal of this project is to create a fun and imaginative 1-2 minute video about how if you just add Polly, she can transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. Bring your best ideas to life and get young girls excited about Polly Pocket™. Aim for “reality with a twist”, rather than going to a fantastical place filled with fairies and unicorns.
Check out the Polly Pocket website for inspiration: How does her Flip & Swim Pool Party transform your game of marco polo into the soiree of the season? Does her Playtime Pet Shop become the one-stop shop for Best In Show? What kind of surprises does the ultimate game of hide-and-seek in her Spin N’ Surprise Hotel have in store?
Note: These videos should adhere to the Polly Pocket brand identity (relatable “every girl,” contagious energy, imaginative adventure, Pocket Sized, On the Go) but shouldn’t feel like your typical toy commercial or forced product advertising.
--Target Audience: Girls 4-8 and Moms.
This project will be worth a total of $25,000 and consist of three phases, an Idea Phase, a Pitch Phase and a Video Phase. Be sure to read the following information carefully.
PHASE 1: IDEA – Tell us your Idea for a 1-2 minute video about how just adding Polly can transform the ordinary into the extraordinary in 140 characters or less. Remember, an Idea is not a detailed script; it is a tweet-sized spark of inspiration, or a distillation of what will happen in the Video. As always, Ideas should be clever and engaging. Winning Ideas creators will each receive $250 and a 5% residual payment for every winning video their Idea is used to generate.
PHASE 2: PITCH – Using text (500 characters or less), images (storyboards), video, and external links (to other supporting assets, i.e., your reel, etc.), give us your Pitch for how YOU would go about producing a fun and imaginative 1-2 minute video based on the project objective. The FOUR most compelling Pitch Entries will be selected and the winning Members will receive a $500 production advance to help create their video during the Video Phase. Those winners (upon submitting their Winner's Affidavit and IP Assignment) will also be GUARANTEED to a winning place in the subsequent Video Phase. So, if your Pitch Entry is selected and you submit a video during the Video Phase, you will win a minimum of $1,500 with a 1-in-6 shot at the $10,000 first place video prize. Remember your Pitch Entry can include any, and all, of the assets mentioned above. But you MUST include a link to some of your previous video work on Tongal or elsewhere to be considered for this phase. To avoid information cascades, all Pitch Entries will remain private until after the winners of the Video Phase are announced. Alternatively, even if you don’t win the Pitch Phase or choose not to create a pitch, you will still have the opportunity to create a “Wild Card” video completely of your own creative devices during the Video Phase.
PHASE 3: VIDEO – The FOUR winning Pitch Phase Members from the Pitch Phase will utilize their $500 advance to create a 1-2 minute video (including a 5 second bumper) based upon their winning Pitch Entry. In addition, the Video Phase is open to all other Members, who are invited to submit Video Entries. For purposes of this Contest, these additional Video Entries are referred to as “Wild Card” Video Entries. The Judges will score all Wild Card Video Entries. The two (2) highest scoring Wild Card Video Entries and the 4 winning Pitch Entries will be scored to determine the standings for the Video Entry prizes. Remember, the FOUR winning Pitch Phase Members WILL BE Video Phase winners, as will TWO of the “Wild Card” Video Entry Members, and, subject to the Official Rules and these Project Details, each of the six (6) winning Members of the Video Phase will be entitled to one of the Video Phase cash prizes.
--Music: Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing and technology company representing more than 2,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. This is not "stock" music. It is an inventory of more than 40,000 original, culturally relevant songs and music that have been compiled into a premium roster. Audiosocket's music will be available to Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Tongal members' submissions to the Polly Pocket Project. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket roster, available by clicking on the "Audiosocket" button on the right hand side of this page. If you are interested in using a track from the Audiosocket roster, as described above, just add the track(s) you want to use to your cart using the "+cart" button, then click the "checkout" button. Enter the Tongal project name and click the "purchase and download" button to acquire the track for free ($0.00). Lastly, click the "download track" button, which will initiate the music file download.
1. This Contest is open only to Members that reside in the United States and its territories.
2. Videos MUST not exceed 120 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
3. Except as permitted by item 4, your submission must be wholly original to you and never submitted to any other party or contest.
4. Your submission must be created without the use of: (i) any property, materials, or rights of any third party, unless you have the necessary rights, permissions or authorizations to use such property, materials, or rights (in writing through your use of the Tongal-provided clearance forms); or (ii) any other person’s contributions, unless you have such person’s written permission (in writing through your use of the Tongal-provided clearance forms). You shall provide detailed information of your submission or any part thereof regarding the source, the creator and background information upon request by Tongal.
5. Your video should include Polly Pocket toy sets and figures - You must feature the Polly Pocket WALL PARTY play sets in your video. Accordingly, you may use Sponsor’s materials expressly permitted on the Project Details Page.
6. If you incorporate music into your submission, you are permitted to use only your original music or Tongal-licensed music that is specifically made available to you for your use in your submission.
7. Submissions must not portray the Sponsor or the Polly Pocket brand in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Sponsor and the Judges.
8. Submissions must keep the maturity of the intended audience in mind; show responsible and courageous treatment of serious issues; respect diversity, difference and cultures; not condone or encourage unsafe, unhealthy, reckless or illegal acts; portray adult language and situations with extreme care; not glamorize or condone gratuitous violence. The determination of the forgoing is solely at the discretion of Sponsor and the Judges.
9. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
10. Limit 5 submission(s) per Member, per phase.
11. Minimum 50 Pitches, or the contest will repost for 14 days.
12. Sponsor is entitled to and may request one round of reasonable revisions to one or more of the six (6) winning Video Entries without providing additional compensation to the winning Members. If revisions are requested, Tongal will provide a reasonable period of time for the Member(s), of whom Sponsor requests revisions, to perform the revisions and to provide the revised Video Entry to Tongal for final judging. Further, if revisions are requested, it will occur after the winning Video Entries have been determined, but before the standings are announced to the Tongal community. The revisions will not factor into the selection of the final six (6) winning Video Entries, but they may factor into the standings among those six (6) winning Video Entries. Remember it's easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
13. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning Video Phase Members MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files, editing sequence and an uncompressed QuickTime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to claim your prize.
14. You cannot enter a submission if you currently work or have ever worked for a toy company.
15. You cannot enter a submission if you currently work for, or have other obligations to, a party that would have any ownership or other interest in the submission or your submission would violate any rights of that party or would be contrary to any of your obligations to that party.
16. You understand that your submission is not being submitted to Sponsor in confidence or in trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and Sponsor by submission of your entry. Your submission will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Sponsor finds that many submissions that it receives, including those from professionals, are already in the public domain; or are identical or substantially similar to products developed or in development by Sponsor’s own staff; or, for a host of many other reasons, are not novel or unique. You acknowledge and agree that Sponsor’s use of other material containing elements similar to or identical with those contained in your submission will not obligate Sponsor to negotiate with you or entitle you to any compensation and Sponsor will not be liable to you in any way.
18. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these Requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these Requirements shall prevail.