Is your desk littered with LEGO Bricks? Could you write Batman’s biography? Do you know Superman’s cape size?...Would you like to?
If you answered “yes,” to any of these questions, we have another one for you: would you like to win a trip for you and guest to New York City’s Comic-Con, have your mini-movie shown to fans around the world and meet a famed artist at DC headquarters? How about a FREE Child Ticket with Paid Adult Ticket offer valid to either LEGOLAND® California or LEGOLAND Florida just for participating?
We’re guessing that’s also a yes. Make that a YES!!!!!!
Here’s how you can make these super-heroic dreams come true: all you have to do is use LEGO DC Universe Super Heroes minifigures to make a video that’s fast, funny, and fun for everyone.
You’ve got some HEAVY DUTY help at your disposal: The greatest DC heroes of all time!! After all, if Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman saved Earth from evil-alien-starfish Starro the Conqueror, they can probably help you take your movie-making skills to the next level!
In a 1 to 3 minute video for LEGO, YOU design the adventure. Is Catwoman on the prowl? Is Lex Luthor up to evil deeds? What madcap mania will the Joker and Harley Quinn unleash on Gotham City? This time, it’s all YOUR CALL, dude.
In addition to a trip for you and a guest to New York City Comic Con for a LIVE screening of your winning video and a meeting with a famed artist at DC headquarters, you'll have the chance to win more great prizes, like:
• TEN THOUSAND dollars in cash.
• Your video will be included on the upcoming 2013 LEGO Batman the Movie: DC Superheroes Unite DVD release in March of 2013.
• And for the first time ever, ONE extremely talented Tongaler will be awarded the “Golden Brickie” for Best LEGO Film.
Also, as a special bonus, every entrant who submits an eligible video to this contest will receive a downloaded coupon offer for a FREE CHILD TICKET WITH PAID TICKET to LEGOLAND California or LEGOLAND Florida to experience more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. That’s right, a FREE CHILD OFFER just for participating!
So what are you waiting for? Take those DC Universe LEGO sets off your desk and start filming!
The goal of this project is to create a fantastically fun 1-3 minute animated, video using the LEGO DC Super Heroes minifigures. Ideally, your content will be equally enjoyable for all ages. Remember the characterization should be consistent with the heroes we all know and love from the comics, cartoons, movies, etc.
--Tone and Key Elements:
• Humor – The tone should be funny; use humor kids and adults alike will enjoy
• Special Effects – While by no means a requirement, feel free to use them
--Brand Guidelines: No grim ‘R-rated’ violence or aggressiveness, no profanity, etc.
--Target Audience: Kids 6-11; the target audience is 7-8. Content should also engage parents.
--Exposure: The winning video will be shown on the DCNation.com site.
This project will be worth a total of $15,000 in cash prizes, plus the value of other prizes as specified below, and will consist of one phase.
PHASE 1: VIDEO – Create a 1-3 Animated mini-movie using LEGO DC Universe Super Heroes Minifigures. The 1st Place winner will earn $10,000, a trip with a guest to New York Comic Con (Airfare, Hotel, Ground Transportation and Tickets to NYCC) for a LIVE screening of their winning video, inclusion on the upcoming 2013 LEGO Batman the Movie: DC Superheroes Unite DVD release in March of 2013, potential on-air premiere, the opportunity to meet a famed artist at DC headquarters, and a chance to win the first-ever “Golden Brickie” award for the Best LEGO Film. Total value of 1st Place New York Comic Con trip package is approximately $5,000. Prize package value will vary, depending on the distance from winner's home to New York City.
--NOTE: SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COSTS OF OBTAINING ANY NECESSARY PASSPORTS, VISAS, OR OTHER TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION, NOR IS THE SPONSOR LIABLE IN CASE THE WINNER OR WINNER'S CHOSEN GUEST ARE INELIGIBLE OR OTHERWISE UNABLE TO TRAVEL TO NEW YORK, WHATEVER THE REASON.
The 2nd place video winner will earn $2,000. The 3rd, 4th and 5th place video winners will each earn $1,000.
Every entrant who submits an eligible video to this contest will receive a downloaded coupon offer for a FREE CHILD TICKET WITH PAID TICKET to LEGOLAND California or LEGOLAND Florida.
--Music: Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing and technology company representing more than 2,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. This is not "stock" music. It is an inventory of more than 40,000 original, culturally relevant songs and music that have been compiled into a premium roster. Audiosocket's music will be available to Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Tongal members' submissions to the DC Project. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket roster, available by clicking on the "Audiosocket" button on the right hand side of this page. If you are interested in using a track from the Audiosocket roster, as described above, just add the track(s) you want to use to your cart using the "+cart" button, then click the "checkout" button. Enter the Tongal project name and click the "purchase and download" button to acquire the track for free ($0.00). Lastly, click the "download track" button, which will initiate the music file download.
This project is sponosored by LEGO Systems, Inc., 555 Taylor Road, Enfield, CT 06082.
DC Universe Super Heroes and related characters TM & © DC Comics.
LEGO, the LEGO logo, and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group of Companies. © 2012 The LEGO Group.
1. Videos MUST NOT exceed 180 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Submissions MUST NOT use/reference Marvel, or any other licensed properties. All submission content must remain within the DC universe.
4. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
5. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of LEGO.
6. Submissions must not portray LEGO in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with LEGO.
7. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
8. Limit 5 submission(s) per member.
9. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files, editing sequence and an uncompressed QuickTime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to claim their prize.
10. In order to claim the travel portion of the prize, the First Prize Winner must also provide a travel liability release for both the winner and the winner's guest.
11. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.