In case you’ve been living under a brick somewhere, LEGO® is coming to the big screen this February. The LEGO® Movie just released its newest minifig-packed trailer today. Pretty great, huh? Think you can do better? Then this is the project for you.
LEGO® wants you to swede their new trailer and make it even more hysterical. No, that doesn’t mean replace the all the LEGO® characters with tall blondes (but it could). Sweding means to remake a video with whatever tools you have at your disposal – however limited they may be. What you lack in resources, you make up for in imagination. For example, check out this awesome Pacific Rim swede.
Show us your funny and inventive takes on The LEGO® Movie’s newest movie trailer. Remake it however you want: stop-motion, CGI, even live action. Think your best friend is funnier than Will Ferrell? Throw him in there! We don’t care if your trailer’s better than the original. We just want it to be different.
Create a hysterical and imaginative 60-180 second remake of the new LEGO® Movie trailer. Recreate the LEGO Movie trialer in a fun and inventive way.
--Key Marketing Messages: See The LEGO® Movie - assembling February 7, 2014!
--Target Audience: Moviegoers of all ages.
• The world of LEGO® is large, but you are free to use any of the characters that appear in the trailer as part of your creation.
• Let's keep it friendly, please! Make sure your submissions do not portray LEGO® or the cast of characters in The LEGO® Movie in a negative way. The determination of which will soley reside with Sponsor.
• Content should be family friendly – no foul language, sexual situations, blood or extreme violence.
• Characters should not be portrayed using alcohol, tobacco or drugs.
• Please remember that LEGO®'s are plastic and you are not. As such, please exercise caution in recreating the trailer and do not attempt to duplicate any potentially life-threatening situations.
--Tone: Fun and hilarious.
--Exposure: The Top selections will be featured on The LEGO® Movie Facebook Page.
This Project will be worth a total of $20,000 and consists of just a Video Phase. Be sure to read the following information carefully as well as the Official Rules.
PHASE 1: VIDEO – There will be no Pitch phase for this project so all entries will be considered Wildcard (What Is a Wildcard?) submissions. The Judges will score all Wildcard submissions and the THREE highest scoring Wildcard Videos will be scored to determine the standings for the Video Phase.
--Video Phase Payout: Winners of the Video Phase will earn the following prizes: 1st place $12,000 2nd place $5,500 and 3rd place $2,500.
--Music: Tongal has partnered with three premiere music providers: Audiosocket, Killer Tracks and Music Dealers. Any of which can be used to source music for your Video submission to this Project. You may use up to THREE total tracks per Video submission, and they can come from any of the three providers listed above. Music from these providers is available to registered Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Submissions to this Project and will not require a separate Music Release Form. To learn more about using each of these music providers, click on any of the provider’s names above.
If you are selected as a winner and choose to use custom/original music, you must fill out and submit our Music Release Form. If you obtain music from other catalog providers, you must purchase the appropriate license at your own expense and submit it with our Music Release Form when you turn in your Video paperwork.
--Referral: Any Tongal member who refers one of the winning Video creators in this Project using the Tongal “Invite Friends” functionality will receive a referral fee equal to 5% of the amount won (up to $500 per place). That’s a potential $900 in bonus cash just for telling all of your talented friends about this Project! Check out more about our Referral Program in FAQ.
1. The Video MUST not exceed 180 seconds in length. Preferred format for upload to the Tongal website is HD 720p 16x9. Should you win, you will also be required to provide a 1080p master file. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal or Sponsor.
3. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider not provided by Tongal, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
4. For this project only, all entries will become the property of the Sponsor upon submission. However, Sponsor agrees not to exploit a submission without compensation to the submitter.
5. BY SUBMITTING A VIDEO ENTRY, YOUR SUBMISSION IMMEDIATELY BECOMES THE SOLE PROPERTY OF SPONSOR OR ITS ASSIGNEES – SEE OFFICIAL RULES FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES. YOU MAY NOT PUBLICLY SHARE OR PUBLISH YOUR SUBMISSION IN ANY MANNER AND YOU MAY NOT POST OR UPLOAD YOUR SUBMISSION TO ANY WEBSITE OR VIDEO HOSTING SITE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE OR VIMEO), WITHOUT THE PRIOR EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF SPONSOR. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS REQUIREMENT MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR ENTRY IN THE PROJECT.
6. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Sponsor.
7. Submissions must not portray Sponsor in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Sponsor.
8. If submitting a live action entry, do not reenact life threatening or potentially dangerous situations. For example, do not stand in the middle of traffic, do not swing a dolphin, do not try to fight crime like Batman.
9. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
10. Limit 5 submissions per member, per Phase.
11. You must be at least thirteen (13) years or older to enter.
12. The Sponsor will be entitled to reasonable revisions on the finished Videos without providing additional compensation. Remember it's easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
13. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning Video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, Music (or other) Releases for all assets appearing in their winning Videos, as well as a copy of a photo ID for all On-camera Talent releases. You must also provide all project files, editing sequences and a QuickTime .mov file in uncompressed, Animation or ProRes HQ codec at 1920x1080 to claim your prize.
14. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.