No one likes brushing their teeth, especially kids. But unlike adults, who understand the consequences of bad oral hygiene (ever had a root canal?), kids will do just about anything to avoid 60 seconds of perceived torture.
Enter: Fun. Flash. Firefly®. Those three "F"s are the ABC's of good oral hygiene for kids and a lifetime of healthy smiles.
It’s also the reason why Dr. Fresh (President of Dr. Fresh, Inc. which owns Binaca® and Infectiguard™), with the help of his young daughter, invented FireFly®...the colorful light up toothbrush that flashes for 60 seconds (the length of time dentists say is required to thoroughly brush each arch). Firefly’s® unique timed light system educates and promotes compliance in children leading to proper lifelong brushing habits. With soft DuPont bristles and a comfortable handle grip, it’s no wonder that Firefly® is the number one selling kids' toothbrush in the country.
Create a 30 second Video for Firefly® demonstrating the product’s ability to get kids to brush their teeth and develop healthy lifelong brushing habits.
--Target Audience: Parents of young children.
--Key Messages: Firefly is fun and makes kids want to brush their teeth. Flashes for 60 seconds, then turns off automatically. Firefly is the best selling kids toothbrush in the country. Batteries included (last for the life of the toothbrush). Comfortable handle grip. Soft bristles.
This contest will be worth a total of $10,000 and consist of three phases so there’s a place for all of you creatives to contribute, regardless of your skill set.
PHASE 1: VIDEO – Select one of the 5 winning Taglines from Phase 1 and make a 30 second Video for Firefly® based on it. Think of the tagline as the central thesis that you should build your Video around. Also, be sure to take the key marketing messages and target audience into account. As always, creativity, originality and effectiveness are king so make it interesting, but also keep it on point. You may, but are not required to incorporate one of the winning animated bumpers in your video. REMEMBER, you will be able to use any of the incredible winning Bumpers to end your video. Once they have been judged they will be made availe in the project file section of this page.
As always, be sure to read all of the Requirements before you begin working.
Firefly® Toothbrushes are available at your local Target, Walmart, Walgreens, and online at drugstore.com For more information about Firefly®, visithttp://www.firefly.us.com/
1. Videos MUST not exceed thirty (30) seconds in total length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. All work must be your own and free of any copyrighted material.
3. Videos MUST mention the brand name a minimum of two (2) times. Also, you must show the Firefly® logo for a minimum of three (3) seconds total on screen. One of those times should be the end title/frames of the video. You can choose from any of the logos provided on the PROJECT FILES link on this page.
4. Bumpers MUST include the Firefly® logo. You can choose from any of the logos provided on the PROJECT FILES link on this page.
5. If you choose to utilize one of the Winning Bumpers in your Video, you may ignore Requirement #3.
6. Videos MUST portray the Firefly® toothbrush in use. For a free product sample, send firstname.lastname@example.org an email with “Firefly Sample” in the subject line and your name and mailing address in the email body.
7. Videos cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Firefly®.
8. Videos must not portray Firefly® in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Firefly®.
9. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
10. Limit four (4) submission(s) per member, per phase.
12. You must be at least 13 years of age to enter.
13. Minimum ten (10) Videos or the contest will repost for seven (7) days.