Fact - If you’re not whitening, you are yellowing. Pretty sobering thought. Makes you wish you had a Crest Whitestrips in your mouth five seconds ago, doesn’t it? The classic guilt trip…works every time.
Shock value aside, it’s worth considering. We’ve got some major love for the arch-nemeses of gleaming whites – Coffee, red wine (true love for some…), candy…Even the stuff that’s not bad for us—blueberries? Yeah, blueberries. Put into perspective - every day you’re not doing something about it, it’s getting worse. Getting yellow.
Before you freak out, remember, Crest Whitestrips are waiting for you at the local corner store. They’re like a time traveling Delorean for your white teeth. Because, the last kind of gold grill you want, is the one that’s caused by your morning Joe.
The goal of this project is to create a fun and entertaining 30-second (and :15 second) video that will increase the relevance of the Crest Whitestrips brand. Your videos should focus on the coffee drinkers most at risk of yellowing, and make them feel like they NEED Crest Whitestrips in their life.
--Key Marketing Message: Drive consistency with the Crest Whitestrips “Over Ten Years” TVC message, as seen here. “If you are not whitening, you are yellowing.” Crest Whitestrips whiten 25X better than a leading whitening toothpaste.
--Target Audience: Primary - Women 25-54. Secondary Targets: Coffee Drinkers – consumers that stain their teeth with coffee.
--Tone: We want to “Wake Up!” the coffee drinkers, so be thoughtful about how your tone could reflect this message. The creative should be entertaining and playful, and can be somewhat provocative to evoke a response and desire to share. Stay away from over the top, offensive content that could offend consumers. Keep the video consistent with the current campaign, but also try to drive differentiation in your execution.
--Exposure: Primary – TV; secondary – Broadband, Online.
This project will be worth a total of $40,000 and consist of two phases, a Pitch Phase and a Video Phase. Be sure to read the following information carefully.
PHASE 1: PITCH – Using text (500 characters or less), images (storyboards), video, and external links (to other supporting assets, i.e., your reel, etc.), give us your Pitch for how YOU would go about producing a 30-second video (and a cut down 15-second version of that video) based on the project objective. The FIVE most compelling Pitch Entries will be selected and the winning Members will receive a $1,000 production advance to help create their videos during the Video Phase. Those winners (upon submitting their Winner's Affidavit and IP Assignment) will also be GUARANTEED to a winning place in the subsequent Video Phase. So, if your Pitch Entry is selected and you submit a video during the Video Phase, you will win a minimum of $2,000 with a 1-in-7 shot at the $17,000 first place video prize. Remember your Pitch Entry can include any, and all, of the assets mentioned above. But you MUST include a link to some of your previous video work on Tongal or elsewhere to be considered for this phase. To avoid information cascades, all Pitch Entries will remain private until after the winners of the Video Phase are announced. Alternatively, even if you don’t win the Pitch Phase or choose not to create a pitch, you will still have the opportunity to create a “Wild Card” video completely of your own creative devices during the Video Phase.
PHASE 2: VIDEO – The FIVE winning creators from the Pitch Phase will utilize their $1,000 advance to create a :30 second video (and a :15 second version of that video), based upon their winning Pitch Entry. In addition, the Video Phase is open to all other Members, who are invited to submit Entries. For purposes of this project, these additional Video Entries are referred to as “Wild Card” Video Entries. The Judges will score all Wild Card Video Entries. The two (2) highest scoring Wild Card Video Entries and the 5 winning Pitch Entries will be scored to determine the standings for the Video Entry prizes. Remember, the FIVE winning Pitch Phase Members WILL BE Video Phase winners, as will TWO of the “Wild Card” Video Entry Members, and, subject to the Official Rules and these Project Details, each of the seven (7) winning Members of the Video Phase will be entitled to one of the Video Phase cash prizes.
1. Videos MUST not exceed 30 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
4. Videos MUST Feature the Crest Whitestrips Professional Effects SKU, include 25x claim, specifically: “Crest 3D White Whitestrips Professional Effects whitens 25X better than a leading whitening toothpaste*” *when toothpaste is used for 4 weeks based on $ share of sales April through June 30, 2012 in Canada, and leverage the provided “If you’re not whitening, you’re yellowing” elements. This banner can be found under the Assets tab on the project page.
5. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Crest.
6. Submissions must not portray Crest in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Crest.
7. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
8. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
9. Minimum 50 Pitches, or the contest will repost for 14 days.
10. Sponsor will be entitled to one reasonable round of revisions on the finished videos without providing additional compensation. Remember it's easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
11. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files, editing sequence and an uncompressed quicktime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to claim their prize.
12. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.