When people think of electric razors, the thought of a retro-smooth operator might immediately come to mind...a clef-chinned man’s man who looks like Mike Schmidt and smells like the Sunset Strip. NOT ANYMORE.
BRAUN shavers are built for today's swagger, for the guy who likes his options open. Maybe Monday he's all about the clean shave, after all, those staff meetings aren’t going to run themselves. By Wednesday, he might feel like keeping a little scruff around, maybe for fun, but mostly because he can. And he leaves room for a little touch up when Saturday night date-night rolls around, just the way his lady likes it…oh yes, she does. Perhaps she’s even turned on by his spontaneous side? No prob. Equipped with the performance and power of a Braun, he can easily dip his chin into an interesting style or two. I mean, why wait for Mo-vember, when Fu-Man-February and Au-Goas-tee are right around the corner?
They’re also incredibly durable. BRAUN -- the name just sounds tough (seriously, like if Braun got into a bar fight, you know he’d be the first dude to snap a pool cue.) And thankfully their products, which are built to perform for 7 years, can back it up. Most cars and marriages don’t last that long—a welcome relief, because it means one less thing to worry about (or spend money on). If you do the math, even those $1.00 mail-order razors will cost you more over time…not to mention shipping, handling and the carbon footprint you’ll have to live with!
The goal of this project is to create a fun and engaging 60-second video that makes every guy feel like he NEEDS a Braun electric shaver. Dry shavers are incredibly loyal to their brand, so it’s vital that someone’s first experience be with a Braun, and that these videos serve as a gateway into the brand. It’s also worth keeping in mind that this content is intended for use during the holiday season, when sales are at their highest.
--Key Marketing Message: Built to Perform.
--Target Audience: Male, 18-24.
--Exposure: Across all digital channels.
This project will be worth a total of $20,000 and consist of three phases. Also, this tournament style process will progress differently from previous projects, so be sure to read the following information carefully.
PHASE 1: IDEA – Tell us your Idea for a 60 second video in 140 characters or less. Remember, an Idea is not a detailed script; it is a moment of inspiration, or a tweet-sized distillation of what will happen in the Video. As always, Ideas should be clever, engaging, and fun. Winning Idea creators will each receive $250 and a 5% residual payment for every winning video their Idea is used to generate.
PHASE 2: PITCH – Using text (500 characters or less), images (storyboards), video, and external links (to other supporting assets, i.e., your reel, etc.), give us your Pitch for how YOU would go about producing this Video based on one of the winning Ideas. The two most compelling Pitches will be selected and will receive a $500 production advance to help create their Video. Those winners (upon submitting their Winner's Affidavit and IP Assignment) will also be GUARANTEED to place in the subsequent Video Phase. So, if your Pitch is selected, you will earn a minimum of $3,500 with a 1-in-3 shot at the $10,000 first place video prize. Remember your Pitch can include any, and all, of the assets mentioned above, but you MUST include a link to some of your previous video work on Tongal or elsewhere to be considered for this phase. To avoid information cascades, all Pitches will remain private until after the video winners of the subsequent phase are announced. Alternatively, even if you don’t win the Pitch Phase or choose not to create a pitch, you will still have the opportunity to create a “Wild Card” Video completely of your own creative devices in the subsequent Phase.
PHASE 3: VIDEO – Winning Pitch creators from the previous phase will utilize their $500 advance to create a 60 second video based upon their winning materials and all other creators are invited to enter a “Wild Card” submission that’s not based on any winning material from the previous phases. Remember, the TWO Pitch winners are GUARANTEED prizes, as is ONE of the non-pitch video creators.
--Music: Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing and technology company representing more than 2,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. This is not "stock" music. It is an inventory of more than 40,000 original, culturally relevant songs and music that have been compiled into a premium roster. Audiosocket's music will be available to Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Tongal members' submissions to the Braun Project. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket roster, available by clicking on the "Audiosocket" button on the right hand side of this page. If you are interested in using a track from the Audiosocket roster, as described above, just add the track(s) you want to use to your cart using the "+cart" button, then click the "checkout" button. Enter the Tongal project name and click the "purchase and download" button to acquire the track for free ($0.00). Lastly, click the "download track" button, which will initiate the music file download.
1. Videos MUST not exceed 60 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Videos MUST feature a Braun shaver and the Braun logo a minimum of two (2) times for five (5) seconds total on screen.
4. Any use of an Audiosocket track obtained through Tongal in connection with the Braun Project that is outside of such Tongal member's submission to such project is strictly prohibited.
5. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
6. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Braun.
7. Submissions must not portray Braun in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Braun.
8. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
9. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
10. You must be at least thirteen (13) years or older to enter.
11. Minimum 100 Pitches, or the contest may repost for fourteen (14) days at the sponsor's discretion.
12. Sponsor will be entitled to one reasonable round of revisions on the finished videos without providing additional compensation. Remember it's easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
13. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files, editing sequence and an uncompressed quicktime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to claim their prize.
14. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.