Determined…Steadfast…Fearless…Qualities that could easily describe any of the elite athletes across the globe preparing for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games and, no doubt, played a role in hoisting them to the pinnacle of alpine athleticism. But how were these qualities developed?
Believe it or not, Bounty thinks there’s a good chance it was their moms, who exuded these qualities while faced very different kinds of thrills, chills, and mostly, spills – back when the heroes of today were living out their dreams and creating messes right in Mom’s living room and kitchen.
Bounty knows that kids who love sports rarely check their enthusiasm at the front door and that moms never let the fear of the odd spill or two get in the way of an athlete pursuing their dreams. If you’re raising an aspiring athlete, it helps to be uninhibited by messes. That’s why Bounty is committed to making messes no big deal – creating a paper towel that is super absorbent and durable. In the end, Bounty wants people to not fret about the messes, go for it and get the most out of life! Because when you take on messes with Bounty, you can take on more of life.
Let the spills begin!
Create a video (up to 60-seconds in length) that aligns Bounty with the 2014 Winter Olympics in a creative way.
The Bounty brand has one of the biggest Olympic programs within P&G for 2012. They have done extensive work with Shawn Johnson, the Olympic gymnast and have gotten great traction from their affiliation with the Olympic Games. While you may see other brands connect to the Olympics through benefits like speed and performance, with Bounty, there is an opportunity to form a unique link between the promise of ‘living everyday uninhibited by messes’ and The Olympic Games through aspiring athletes and their “bring it” moms.
In keeping with the Bounty philosophy that the best lived life is one where the thought of making a mess never gets in the way of doing something that is fun, creative or just spur of the moment, we’re leaving the method in which you choose to handle this underlying creative of this project up to you. Want to shoot a short about your little brother’s messy mission to become the next ski jumping Gold Medalist in your living room? Go for it! Just keep in mind that the tone of this piece should be optimistic / determined and that, ideally, the activities that lead to spills should be Winter Olympic sports (speed skating, figure skating, curling, etc). Lastly, product placement or usage is not required, but videos that effectively convey the emotional connection and display/mention Bounty are preferred.
--Key Marketing Message: Kids who love sports and The Olympic Games rarely check their enthusiasm at the front door. And Bounty moms never let the fear of the odd spill or two get in the way of an athlete pursuing their dreams. So, If you’re raising an aspiring athlete then it helps to be uninhibited by messes. Let the spills begin!
--Target Audience: Moms who like to Bring it! – moms who embrace the mess and are not afraid of it.
--Exposure: YouTube, Digital distribution, Banner ads.
This project will be worth a total of $35,000 and consist of three phases. Also, this tournament style process will progress differently from previous projects, so be sure to read the following information carefully.
PHASE 1: IDEA – Tell us your Idea for a video in 140 characters or less. The best Ideas will not only serve as input for an amazing video, but also place emphasis on indoor scenes where the potential for spills or other messes might occur as of result of activity. Remember, an Idea is not a detailed script; it is a moment of inspiration, or a tweet-sized distillation of what will happen in the Video. As always, Ideas should be clever, engaging, and fun. Winning Idea creators will each receive $250 and a 5% residual payment for every winning video their Idea is used to generate.
PHASE 2: PITCH – Using text (500 characters or less), images (storyboards), video, and external links (to other supporting assets, i.e., your reel, etc.), give us your Pitch for how YOU would go about producing this Video based on one of the winning Ideas. The FIVE most compelling Pitches will be selected and will receive a $500 production advance to help create their Video. Those winners (upon submitting their Winner's Affidavit and IP Assignment) will also be GUARANTEED to place in the subsequent Video Phase. So, if your Pitch is selected, you will earn a minimum of $1,500 with a 1-in-8 shot at the $12,000 first place video prize. Remember your Pitch can include any, and all, of the assets mentioned above, but you MUST include a link to some of your previous video work on Tongal or elsewhere to be considered for this phase. To avoid information cascades, all Pitches will remain private until after the video winners of the subsequent phase are announced. Alternatively, even if you don’t win the Pitch Phase or choose not to create a pitch, you will still have the opportunity to create a “Wild Card” Video completely of your own creative devices in the subsequent Phase.
PHASE 3: VIDEO – Winning Pitch creators from the previous phase will utilize their $500 advance to create a video (up to 60-seconds in length) based upon their winning materials and all other creators are invited to enter a “Wild Card” submission that’s not based on any winning material from the previous phases. Remember, the FIVE Pitch winners are GUARANTEED prizes, as are THREE of the non-pitch video creators.
--Music: Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing and technology company representing more than 2,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. This is not "stock" music. It is an inventory of more than 40,000 original, culturally relevant songs and music that have been compiled into a premium roster. Audiosocket's music will be available to Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Tongal members' submissions to the Bounty Project. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket roster, available by clicking on the "Audiosocket" button on the right hand side of this page. If you are interested in using a track from the Audiosocket roster, as described above, just add the track(s) you want to use to your cart using the "+cart" button, then click the "checkout" button. Enter the Tongal project name and click the "purchase and download" button to acquire the track for free ($0.00). Lastly, click the "download track" button, which will initiate the music file download.
1. Videos MUST not exceed 60 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Submissions cannot use the word “Olympic” as an adjective, but can use “Olympic Games.” Submissions should avoid referencing other equities such as the torch, medals and Olympic rings. Submissions cannot imply a P&G product or service enhances an athlete’s performance.
4. Any products visible in submissions, other than Bounty, should appear generic/unbranded. This includes food, beverages, clothing, electronic equipment, etc.
5. Any use of an Audiosocket track obtained through Tongal in connection with the Bounty Project that is outside of such Tongal member's submission to such project is strictly prohibited.
6. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
7. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, animal cruelty, religious or political discrimination, nudity, alcohol, tobacco or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Bounty.
8. Submissions must not portray Bounty in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Bounty.
9. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
10. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
11. You must be at least eighteen (18) years or older to enter.
12. Minimum 300 Ideas, or the project may repost for five (5) days at the sponsor's discretion.
13. Minimum 100 Pitches, or the project may repost for five (5) days at the sponsor's discretion.
14. Sponsor will be entitled to one reasonable round of revisions on the finished videos without providing additional compensation. Remember it's easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
15. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files, editing sequence and an uncompressed quicktime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to claim their prize. You may also be required to provide additional releases directly to the sponsor in conjunction with the use of your content.
16. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.