FIRETRUCKS? Check. HELICOPTERS? Check. DINOSAUR AMBUSHERS? Triple Check! Sounds like the makings of an incredible action movie--sounds like MATCHBOX® BIG BOOTS™: a brand new line of super cool vehicles and heroes that launch into action no matter what the adventure!
The best part? Every BIG BOOTS™ vehicle seamlessly interacts with two-inch figures with amazing weighted feet that keep BIG BOOTS™ characters upright no matter what! Go ahead, try that most jumbo of jumps, that l-o-n-g-e-s-t leap, or the highest of high-flying heroics. BIG BOOTS™ toy figures will STICK THE LANDING!
And now it’s your turn to strap 'em up and kick some booty. We want you to inspire kids with the kinds of cool stories and fantastic feats they'll dream up themselves -- for heroes that simply DO NOT FAIL...or fall! Dream up some fire-fighting, mission-accomplishing, dinosaur-wrangling tales, or re-imagine scenarios you loved as a kid. Show the story happening as it would in the mind of your four-year-old self. The action never has to end -- or even pause for a re-set!
And remember: you’re working with the best. Everyone knows the coolest action stars do their own stunts!
The goal of this project is to create a 1-2 minute Stop Motion video that generates excitement about MATCHBOX® BIG BOOTS™ by showing kids all the adventures you can have with these super cool vehicles and heroes that always land on their feet. Storytelling should be a major focus of these videos, so spend some time coming up with clever, visually engaging adventure scenarios.
BIG BOOTS™ are made for daring deeds, so don’t hold back! And don’t forget to keep the video fast-paced, funny, and positive. Boys 3-6 are the target audience, and they love to see the good guys save the day!
--Key Marketing Message: BIG BOOTS™ launch into action! BIG BOOTS™ always land on their feet.
--Tone: Fun, funny, action-packed and positive/optimistic.
--Brand Guidelines: Videos can incorporate the BIG BOOTS™ theme song.
--Target Audience: Boys 3-6.
--Exposure: Videos may be used online on Matchbox.com, on the MATCHBOX® YouTube Channel, and may be distributed to online commerce sites (Amazon.com, ToysRus.com, etc.).
This project will be worth a total of $20,000 and consist of two phases, a Pitch Phase and a Video Phase. Be sure to read the following information carefully.
PHASE 1: PITCH – Using text (500 characters or less), images (storyboards), video, and external links (to other supporting assets, i.e., your reel, etc.), give us your Pitch for how YOU would go about producing an insanely awesome 1-2 minute video based on the project objective. The THREE most compelling Pitch Entries will be selected and the winning Members will receive a $750 production advance and extensive BIG BOOTS™ product sets to help create their video during the Video Phase. Those winners (upon submitting their Winner's Affidavit and IP Assignment) will also be GUARANTEED to a winning place in the subsequent Video Phase. So, if your Pitch Entry is selected and you submit a video during the Video Phase, you will win a minimum of $3,250 with a 1-in-3 shot at the $10,000 first place Video Phase prize. Remember your Pitch Entry can include any, and all, of the assets mentioned above. But you MUST include a link to some of your previous video work on Tongal or elsewhere to be considered for this phase. To avoid information cascades, all Pitch Entries will remain private until after the winners of the Video Phase are announced.
PHASE 2: VIDEO – The THREE winning Pitch Phase Members from the Pitch Phase will utilize their $750 advance to create a 1-2 minute video (including a 5 second bumper) based upon their winning Pitch Entry. The THREE winning Pitch Entries will be scored to determine the standings for the Video Phase prizes. Remember, the THREE winning Pitch Phase Members WILL BE Video Phase winners, and, subject to the Official Rules and these Project Details, each of the THREE winning Members of the Video Phase will be entitled to one of the Video Phase cash prizes.
--Music: Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing and technology company representing more than 2,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. This is not "stock" music. It is an inventory of more than 40,000 original, culturally relevant songs and music that have been compiled into a premium roster. Audiosocket's music will be available to Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Tongal members' submissions to the Big Boots Project. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket roster, available by clicking on the "Audiosocket" button on the right hand side of this page. If you are interested in using a track from the Audiosocket roster, as described above, just add the track(s) you want to use to your cart using the "+cart" button, then click the "checkout" button. Enter the Tongal project name and click the "purchase and download" button to acquire the track for free ($0.00). Lastly, click the "download track" button, which will initiate the music file download.
1. This Contest is open only to Members that reside in the United States and its territories.
2. Videos MUST not exceed 120 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
3. Except as permitted by item 4, your submission must be wholly original to you and never submitted to any other party or contest.
4. Your submission must be created without the use of: (i) any property, materials, or rights of any third party, unless you have the necessary rights, permissions or authorizations to use such property, materials, or rights (in writing through your use of the Tongal-provided clearance forms [Click to link where forms are available]); or (ii) any other person’s contributions, unless you have such person’s written permission (in writing through your use of the Tongal-provided clearance forms [Click to link where forms are available]). You shall provide detailed information of your submission or any part thereof regarding the source, the creator and background information upon request by Tongal.
5. Your video should include MATCHBOX® BIG BOOTS™ toy figures, vehicles and accessories as a main component of your MATCHBOX® BIG BOOTS™ “Land on Your Feet” Stop Motion Video. Accordingly, you may use Sponsor’s materials expressly permitted on the Project Details Page.
6. If you incorporate music into your submission, you are permitted to use only your original music, The BIG BOOTS™ theme song provided, or Tongal-licensed music that is specifically made available to you for your use in your submission.
7. Please use your best judgment given the products you are depicting. Location should be safe (not in the street, off balconies, by pools, garages, etc.), the materials used should be safe (no blowtorches, sharp objects, etc.), and any persons shown are acting in a safe and legal manner (e.g. no "jackass" type stunts).
8. Submissions must not portray the Sponsor or the Matchbox® brand in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Sponsor and the Judges.
9. Submissions must keep the maturity of the intended audience in mind; show responsible and courageous treatment of serious issues; respect diversity, difference and cultures; not condone or encourage unsafe, unhealthy, reckless or illegal acts; portray adult language and situations with extreme care; not glamorize or condone gratuitous violence. The determination of the forgoing is solely at the discretion of Sponsor and the Judges.
10. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
11. Limit 5 submission(s) per Member during the Pitch Phase. During the Video Phase, the winners of the Pitch Phase may submit only one (1) video submission, which may be submitted in up to five (5) versions, thereof.
12. Minimum 50 Pitches, or the contest will repost for 14 days.
13. Sponsor is entitled to and may request one round of reasonable revisions to one or more of the three (3) winning Video Entries without providing additional compensation to the winning Members. If revisions are requested, Tongal will provide a reasonable period of time for the Member(s), of whom Sponsor requests revisions, to perform the revisions and to provide the revised Video Entry to Tongal for final judging. Further, if revisions are requested, it will occur after the winning Video Entries have been determined, but before the standings are announced to the Tongal community. The revisions will not factor into the selection of the final three (3) winning Video Entries, but they may factor into the standings among those three (3) winning Video Entries. Remember it's easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
14. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning Video Phase Members MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files, editing sequence and an uncompressed QuickTime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to claim your prize.
15. You cannot enter a submission if you currently work or have ever worked for a toy company.
16. You cannot enter a submission if you currently work for, or have other obligations to, a party that would have any ownership or other interest in the submission or your submission would violate any rights of that party or would be contrary to any of your obligations to that party.
17. You understand that your submission is not being submitted to Sponsor in confidence or in trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and Sponsor by submission of your entry. Your submission will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Sponsor finds that many submissions that it receives, including those from professionals, are already in the public domain; or are identical or substantially similar to products developed or in development by Sponsor’s own staff; or, for a host of many other reasons, are not novel or unique. You acknowledge and agree that Sponsor’s use of other material containing elements similar to or identical with those contained in your submission will not obligate Sponsor to negotiate with you or entitle you to any compensation and Sponsor will not be liable to you in any way.
18. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these Requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these Requirements shall prevail.