Benjamin Moore’s Affinity fan deck is an amazing tool. It contains 144 gorgeous hues designed to work perfectly together so that it is literally impossible to find a multi-color combination in the deck that does not work.
That means that even if you can’t match your belt to your shoes – you can match paint combinations like a Design Star with the Affinity fan deck. It’s like playing the slots and and actually hitting the jackpot—every time!
How is that even possible? Luck? Chance? Unconditional Love? Nope, the color experts at Benjamin Moore scientifically selected 144 colors and combined them into this amazing tool. The Affinity Fan Deck is specifically designed to be a foolproof solution that anyone can use to effortlessly achieve a sophisticated designer look for any space.
The goal of this project is to create a 30-60 second video that demonstrates the incredible harmony and balance of Benjamin Moore Affinity Collection paint in a visually interesting, imaginative and colorful way. The video’s style is completely up to you so feel free to explore live-action, stop-motion and time-lapse as options. Whatever you do, keep in mind that this project is about how Benjamin Moore Affinity Collection helps you to achieve a put-together look, no matter what colors you choose, so do something new and interesting.
--Key Marketing Messages:
- The Affinity collection will always allow a consumer to achieve a put-together look, no matter what colors they choose.
- It is a foolproof color palette that takes the guesswork out of creating perfectly coordinated color combinations.
- All 144 colors work together harmoniously in multiple combinations, providing limitless opportunities to create beautiful, perfectly balanced color schemes for every space.
--Target Audience: Consumers who are interested in decorating their homes.
--Tone: Light and not overly serious.
--Exposure: Benjamin Moore.com, YouTube.
This project will be worth a total of $25,000 and consist of three phases, an Idea Phase, a Pitch Phase and a Video Phase. Be sure to read the following information carefully as well as the Official Rules.
PHASE 1: IDEA – Tell us your Idea for a Benjamin Moore Affinity Collection Video in 140 characters or less. Remember, an Idea (What is an Idea Phase?) is not a detailed script; it is a spark of inspiration, or a distillation of what will happen in the Video. As always, Ideas should be clever and engaging. Winning Idea creators will each receive $250 and a 5% one-time residual payment for every winning Video their Idea is used to generate. (That means if your winning Idea is the basis for the 1st place Video, you will receive $650, the 2nd place Video $300, the 3rd place Video $125 and the 4th place Video $62.50) – see Video Phase Payout details below.
PHASE 2: PITCH – Using text (500 characters or less), images (storyboards), video, and external links (to other supporting assets, i.e., your reel, etc.), give us your Pitch (What Is a Pitch Phase?) for how YOU would go about producing a 30-60 second video based on one of the winning Ideas. The THREE most compelling Pitches will be selected and will receive $500 to help create their Video. Those winners (upon submitting their Winner's Affidavit and IP Assignment) will also be GUARANTEED a winning place in the subsequent Video Phase. So, if your Pitch is selected and you submit a video during the Video Phase, you will win an additional $1,250, at a minimum, and have a chance to compete for the $13,000 first place Video prize (subject to deduction for one-time 5% residual payment). Remember your Pitch can include any, and all, of the assets mentioned above and you MUST include a link to some of your previous video work on Tongal or elsewhere to be considered for this phase. All Pitches will remain private until after the winners of the Video Phase are announced and the Project is complete. Keep in mind, if you don’t win the Pitch Phase or choose not to create a Pitch, you will still have the opportunity to create and submit a “Wild Card” Video.
PHASE 3: VIDEO – The THREE winners from the Pitch Phase will create a 30-60 second video based upon their winning Pitches, and all other creators are invited to enter a “Wild Card” (What Is a Wildcard?) submission that is not based on any winning material from the previous phases. The Judges will score all Wild Card Videos and the one (1) highest scoring Wild Card Video and the 3 winning Videos submitted by Pitch winners will be scored to determine the standings for the Video Phase. Remember, the THREE Pitch winners, along with one non-Pitch Video creator, will receive prizes.
--Video Phase Payout: Winners of the Video Phase will earn the following prizes: 1st place $13,000, 2nd place $6,000, 3rd place $2,500, 4th place $1,250 (less any 5% one-time residual payments paid to Idea winners, as applicable).
--Music: Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing and technology company representing more than 2,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. This is not "stock" music. It is an inventory of more than 40,000 original, culturally relevant songs and music that have been compiled into a premium roster. Audiosocket's music will be available to Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Tongal members' submissions to the Affinity Project. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket roster, available by clicking on the "Audiosocket" button on the right hand side of this page. If you are interested in using a track from the Audiosocket roster, as described above, just add the track(s) you want to use to your cart using the "+cart" button, then click the "checkout" button. Enter the Tongal project name and click the "purchase and download" button to acquire the track for free ($0.00). Lastly, click the "download track" button, which will initiate the music file download.
1. Videos MUST not exceed 60 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Videos must feature the Benjamin Moore® Affinity Collection.
4. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
5. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Benjamin Moore.
6. Submissions must not portray Benjamin Moore in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Benjamin Moore.
7. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
8. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
9. Minimum 50 Pitches, or the contest will repost for 14 days.
10. Sponsor will be entitled to one reasonable round of revisions on the finished videos without providing additional compensation. Remember it's easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
11. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, and Music Releases for all assets appearing in the video as well as the project files, editing sequence and an uncompressed quicktime .mov file in either Animation or ProRes 422 codecs at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to claim their prize.
13. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.
Videos : 1
Videos : 2