The SXSW Film and Interactive festivals are about making personal connections. Tongal is about creation through collaboration. So, instead of hiring one person, or company, to create and produce a comprehensive video documenting the 2010 SXSW Interactive and Film festivals, SXSW and the Tongal community are creating it through a series of seven unique multiphase contests. Each of these contests will be rooted in a different discipline, but all will feature the theme of “connections.” With two video, two photography, a caption, an animation, a slogan, and finally, an editing contest, there will be a place for people of all skill sets to participate.
In this contest, the rules are simple. With the theme of “connections” in mind, use your skills to put together a video, 1 minute or less, encapsulating your own experience at SXSW. Five winners will be selected based on the level of creativity and originality exhibited within your personal narrative.
Participants will have a chance to earn up to $10,000 cash and collaborate in the process of helping us put together the Ultimate Video documenting the 2010 SXSW Film and Interactive experience.
1. Videos must be no longer than 60 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16x9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. All work must be your own and free of any copyrighted material.
3. Videos cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Tongal and SXSW.
4. Videos must not portray SXSW in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with SXSW.
5. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
6. Limit 2 submission(s) per member.
7. You must be at least 13 years of age to enter.
8. You must have a Platinum, Gold, Interactive or Film badge to participate.
9. By submitting an entry for this contest, you acknowledge and agree that your submission (or any component thereof) may be used by other contestants in this contest or any subsequent or simultaneous contests.
10. You may not videotape panels, screenings, live demonstrations, or any bands.